🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancer App Push Notifications (iPhone)
Page options
hfspeegle
Community Member

Freelancer App Push Notifications (iPhone)

A few days ago, I stopped receiving push notifications on my iPhone when I get a new message from a client. I have both the Upwork client and freelancer apps, but this problem is for the freelancer app. 

This isn't a huge deal because I still receive a notification email about 5-10 minutes later, but I like to be responsive to my clients. Push notifications are still enabled for the app in settings. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Heath and Robin,

I forwarded your reports to our engineer and they are currently looking into this. We'll work on fixing the issue as soon as possible.

Sorry about any delays and inconvenience caused by it.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
robin_hyman
Community Member

I started having this problem today.  Since we receive an email shortly afterwards, it's not a huge concern.  But yes it would be nice to get it fixed.  

Sounds like a bug. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Heath and Robin,

I forwarded your reports to our engineer and they are currently looking into this. We'll work on fixing the issue as soon as possible.

Sorry about any delays and inconvenience caused by it.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Heath and Robin,

I just learned that our engineers have already applied a fix for this issue. Could you please let us know if you still don't receive push notifications for Upwork App going forward?

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I just received one. Thank you!!

I haven’t received any push notifications since March, and even when I set the desktop app to send me emails I also never get any. The updates don’t seem to be solving this for me!

Hi Brandon,

Just to confirm, did you try reinstalling our Mobile app?

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, I had done that several times before with no improvement, so I gave up on that route and have just been living with the problem. But I tried reinstalling again about an hour ago and I guess third time's a charm -- now I'm finally getting the push notifications again. I also went into my settings in desktop, mobile, and the website, and set everything including emails to always push notifications. Perhaps that made the difference? Anyway, glad it's finally working again.

66ecf5bc
Community Member

Hi Heath S,

Though after notification we get emails immediately, but quick response increases our worth. So, it is not something to be ignored. You must bring this in Customer Support's notice so they can remove the bug.

All the best.

Thanks.

Naheedmir  

https://www.coupongot.com/
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members