🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Get Paid
Page options
rubaber
Community Member

Get Paid

I am a freelancer and do not have a legal name to mention on the profile since I do not own a company. Does the legal name refer to my own name? 

2 REPLIES 2
jodypm
Community Member

Hi Rubab,

Welcome to Upwork, I think that as a fellow freelancer, I might be able to answer your question:

Yes, the name that you have you used, your actual name, is fine. Looking at your profile, you've got that set up correctly. For the next step, I'd try to go through the Upwork ID verification system so that clients will have confidence in you being who you say you are. And, as you probably already know and are planning, set up your portfolio to showcase your best work.

I wish you the best of success on Upwork.

Best regards,

Jody PM

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rubab, 

Are you referring to your Form W-8BENThe Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. For record-keeping purposes, Upwork requires a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Upwork. When you file your Form W-8BEN, please fill-it in with the legal name that matches your Upwork profile name, and the address that you have in your Upwork account. 

Once this is submitted, you will have access to your earnings on Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members