Page options
d173df1a
Community Member

Getting Job

HI, How can I get a contract on Upwork?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
c1d2f492
Community Member

Upwork is good platform for new freelancer.
When you login upwork, you can see the job list.
You can bid in there and if client send message to you, you can chat with client. If client hire you, he can start the contract.

In upwork there are 2 contract like fixed and hourly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
c1d2f492
Community Member

Upwork is good platform for new freelancer.
When you login upwork, you can see the job list.
You can bid in there and if client send message to you, you can chat with client. If client hire you, he can start the contract.

In upwork there are 2 contract like fixed and hourly.

Thanks!

8ef7c78b
Community Member

how can i get a job on upwork

d3bd319d
Community Member

Getting a contract on Upwork requires a strategic approach and showcasing your skills effectively. Here are some steps to increase your chances of landing a contract:

1. Create a Strong Profile: Fill your profile with relevant information, highlight your skills, and provide a professional profile picture. A complete and well-crafted profile helps build trust with potential clients.

2. Choose the Right Skills: Select skills that align with your expertise and the services you offer. This will make it easier for clients to find you when they search for freelancers with specific skills.

3. Write a Compelling Proposal: Customize each proposal according to the client's needs. Address their requirements directly, showcase your expertise, and explain how you can add value to their project.

4. Set Competitive Rates: As a newcomer, consider starting with competitive rates to attract clients and build your reputation. As you gain more experience and positive feedback, you can gradually adjust your rates.

5. Be Proactive: Regularly browse Upwork for new job postings, and apply to relevant projects promptly. Quick responses show potential clients that you are enthusiastic and serious about their project.

6. Build a Portfolio: If possible, create a portfolio showcasing your past work, accomplishments, and relevant projects. A portfolio gives clients a better understanding of your capabilities.

7. Request Feedback: After completing a contract, ask your clients to leave feedback. Positive reviews are vital for building your reputation on Upwork and attracting more clients.

8. Stay Committed: Be persistent and patient. Landing the first contract may take time, but with consistent effort and professionalism, you'll increase your chances of securing contracts in the future.

Remember, being proactive, responsive, and delivering high-quality work are essential to building a successful freelancing career on Upwork. Good luck!

1584d789
Community Member

Do I need a laptop to perform data entry tasks and can someone please elaborate what spreadsheet is? Can I use my phone to do that?

303bc5d1
Community Member

Greetings house,

I am a newbie at upwork and i find it hard to get jobs. My niche is creative writing. I think it is due to insufficient connects or no reviews. How can one get around it?

Thanks for contacting me. I also wanted to work and I need work but I can't
understand how get the projects. In this situation I can't understand what
I do.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members