🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Getting Paid
Page options
criscastaneda
Community Member

Getting Paid

Hi, I'm having a situation where Upwork is withdrawn all of my bids because of my Identity Verification, and I wasn't able to meet the deadline. I send the documents from the day of submission of the deadline (July 20, 2021), and then on July 21, 2021, Upwork verified my account and suddenly my bids are gone including the message with my client without accepting the proposal I sent. 

Today, we were having an issue with the payment. I finished the project, and he wants to pay me but how? I used to contact the "Get Support" but it took me hours so I decided to create a Topic that I believe Professionals that know the situation can help me. I am new to this Job Platform.  I am willing to learn, accept my mistake, and listen to the advice. Thank you so much, keep safe.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Cristian Paul C wrote:

Today, we were having an issue with the payment. I finished the project, and he wants to pay me but how?

Were you actually properly hired by that client? If you weren't hired, the client can't pay you.

If that's the case, the client has to hire you first, then pay you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
NikolaS

Hi Cristian,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Cristian Paul C wrote:

Today, we were having an issue with the payment. I finished the project, and he wants to pay me but how?

Were you actually properly hired by that client? If you weren't hired, the client can't pay you.

If that's the case, the client has to hire you first, then pay you.

criscastaneda
Community Member

Hi,

Hoping you all are safe. I'm having an issue with my identity verification and connects this month of July. All of my submitted proposals were withdrawn by Upwork. I have a question, the withdrawn connects will be back to my profile after resetting next with free 10 connects?

Thank you so much in advance, I appreciate your time.

Regards,
Cristian Paul Castañeda

Hi Cristian,

I checked and it looks like you already completed your ID verification. Could you please share more information about the issue you are experiencing so that we can assist you? 

Please know that we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. You can find more information here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members