🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Getting paid and feedback
Page options
hedy_w
Community Member

Getting paid and feedback

My fixed contract job is finished, but when I go under "All Contracts," it says it is active and it says "waiting for client to fund a new milestone."  There is a "send a message" button.  Am I supposed to alert them of something?  Do they know they are supposed to pay or does that have to do with feedback? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Hedy,

Thank you for your message. Keeping contracts with no recent activity open will not affect your score negatively. If you have contracts that are still open but no further work needs to be done, you can still consider asking your clients to close them or go ahead and close them yourself. Please, note that when you close a contract, the client is notified and will have 14 days to provide their feedback on the contract. If no feedback is provided on the contract by them, it will not have an impact on your score. 

Lastly, if you would like to receive a notification for replies on this thread, you will need to Subscribe to the thread by clicking the 3 dots next to your post and ensure your Notification Settings are updated to receive email notifications for 'New replies posted to content I subscribe to'. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ArjayM

Hi Hedy,

When work is completed on a fixed-price contract and no further milestones are required, you and the client can end the contract. Once the contract has ended both parties have the opportunity to provide public feedback.

However, I have checked your account and I can see active and ended Fixed-price contracts. Can you please provide the contract ID for the one you're referring to so that I can take a closer look and assist you accordingly? You can see the contract ID by going to All Contracts> Select the contract in question> Under details tab here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
hedy_w
Community Member

Well, I got that resolved, but I have worked for this guy a couple of times and have asked him to leave feedback, but he has not done so.  He used me again, so he must be satisfied.  I asked him to end this contract and leave feedback.  He hasn't done so, so far.  If you don't get feedback on a job, does it affect your score on this platform?  The contract ID is 31280631,  I don't know why these messages aren't coming in on my email.  I checked that box.  I have to come in here to see  my messages. 

Hi Hedy,

Thank you for your message. Keeping contracts with no recent activity open will not affect your score negatively. If you have contracts that are still open but no further work needs to be done, you can still consider asking your clients to close them or go ahead and close them yourself. Please, note that when you close a contract, the client is notified and will have 14 days to provide their feedback on the contract. If no feedback is provided on the contract by them, it will not have an impact on your score. 

Lastly, if you would like to receive a notification for replies on this thread, you will need to Subscribe to the thread by clicking the 3 dots next to your post and ensure your Notification Settings are updated to receive email notifications for 'New replies posted to content I subscribe to'. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
hedy_w
Community Member

Thank you for your response. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members