๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Freelancers ยป Getting paid by Milestone Is Not Active
Page options
Tayla W Community Member

Getting paid by Milestone Is Not Active

Hi there, I have done some work for a client, which I have done before and he has always paid me. But I have recently seen that the milestone wasn't activated because he hadn't funded it. I have done the work for him and I have asked if he could fund it and he keeps saying he will. But he hasn't yet and I really need access to the money.

I now can't get hold of him either.

What do I do?

3 REPLIES 3
Martina P Community Member

There is really nothing you can do at this point. Working when the milestone is unfunded is never recommended. If this is a long-term client, I would just wait and do nothing. 

Petra R Community Member

Tayla W wrote:

What do I do?

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do.

Tayla W wrote:

I have done the work for him and I have asked if he could fund it and he keeps saying he will. But he hasn't yet and I really need access to the money.

Unless there is a funded milestone, there literally is no money. There is nothing you can do or Upwork can do.

I have done the same with trusted clients and it's always turned out fine. So far. BUT - I am very aware that it's risky and I may well not get paid. Those kinds of arrangements work fine until the day they don't. 

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Tayla,

Please keep in mind that our fixed price protection does not cover unfunded milestones and promised funds. I would recommend always starting with your work once you've checked that the agreed budget is fully funded on your milestone. To learn more about how you're protected, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members