🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Getting paid
Page options
sureshsivam
Community Member

Getting paid

Dear all,

Can some one help me on the get paid activation in my account.

Since I have added the paypal account in Get Paid but its still showing inactive.

I have completed the milestone and my client released the payment. But still i am not able to withdraw the money.

Appreciate if you can help me on this.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

7 REPLIES 7
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Suresh Babu,

Thanks for reaching out to us! 

In order to activate your payment method and also, access your funds, you need to complete the W-8BEN form which is used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. To do that, you can go to the Settings > Tax Information page and fill out the mentioned form. You can add your legal name and address as they appear in your government-issued documents.

Regarding your funds, they are currently in the 'Pending' tab of your Reports page. This represents the standard security hold period in which funds cannot be withdrawn. Remember that payments for fixed-price milestones (and bonuses) have a 5-day security period from the time payment is made to funds availability. The funds should become available for you in 4 days, on the 18th of April. For more information on how you are getting paid for Fixed-Price contracts, I suggest checking out this help article.

As I see that you are new to Upwork, I suggest checking out this Community board as it has many great articles to help you boost your career on Upwork and explore Upwork's Events & Webinars page to help you get started in the right direction!

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have filled the form and cross checked the pending tab.

thanks for your quick support.

Dears,

I was able to transfer my fund to paypal , from paypapl I unable to transfer the money to my debit card which i have linked in the pay pal account.

So can you please reverse money to my upwork account so that i have to choose the other payment method.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Suresh,

Please keep in mind that once a withdrawal it's initiated we can't cancel it or reverse it back to your Upwork account. Regarding your funds, I would recommend to reach out to PayPal customer support directly so that they can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Let me try with the paypal support , if i don't get a resolution from them and will reach you again  for your support.

I have tried to initate a case with the paypal when I try to initate a case it says you need to reach out the sender to resolve the issue.

appreciate if you can support.

Hi Suresh,

Since your funds are on your PayPal account, I can't assist you with further withdrawals. We can only assist you with your earnings on your Upwork account.
For any additional questions or concerns regarding your funds, please reach out to PayPal Customer support directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members