🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Giving refund to the client
Page options
vikkonovaloff
Community Member

Giving refund to the client

Hi! My client was not satisfyied with my work on a project. It happens when you work with creative projects and you and client have different perception of task. After the client wrote disappointing feedback to my job, I honestly refunded all money he paid me for the project.
The contract was removed from job score after that, but the feedback still remaines in my profile.
The question is: if I gave a complete refund to the client and the job disappeared from my job score, will his feedback still be visible in my profile?

Thank you in advance for your answer.
Victor.

6 REPLIES 6
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Victor,

Contracts without earnings, as in your case will not show on your profile. I manually generated your profile and your Work History is now showing with the most recent changes.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

THank you very much for that!

Victor.

The contract was not removed from your job score, though - on the contrary, if you give a complete refund it'll also affect your JSS, especially when you've only done a few jobs.

Christine A wrote:

The contract was not removed from your job score, though - on the contrary, if you give a complete refund it'll also affect your JSS, especially when you've only done a few jobs.

I think (?) that's what he means.

He has done 5 jobs, 4 went well, one he refunded, his JSS is 80%

So he may mean "It was deducted from my score" but it's hard to say...

Petra R wrote:

Christine A wrote:

I think (?) that's what he means.

He has done 5 jobs, 4 went well, one he refunded, his JSS is 80%

So he may mean "It was deducted from my score" but it's hard to say...

IDK - I was already confused by the "I refunded all money... should I give a complete refund?" question. But the OP's JSS was 100% when I first saw his post earlier this morning, so I'm pretty sure that he isn't aware. Anyway I think it's worth bringing this up from time to time as a public service announcement, because it seems to be a widespread misconception that giving a client a refund will protect your JSS (even with freelancers who have been around for years and claim to be experts). 

Issuing a complete refund for any contract will remove the contract from the work history section of a freelancer's profile page. Such action does not help JSS, and is more likely to make JSS worse.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members