🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Guidance on Expert Vetted Badge Eligibility
Page options
shivgupta
Community Member

Guidance on Expert Vetted Badge Eligibility

Hello, I wanted to know about something.

I've proudly worn the Top-Rated Plus badge for years, and the satisfaction of my clients, as reflected in my feedback section, is a testament to the dedication I bring to every project. With over 200 successful projects completed and 30+ projects in progress, my journey on Upwork has been both fulfilling and rewarding.

While my earnings speak to a track record of success, I find myself without an invitation for the Expert Vetted Badge. I want to reassure myself that I'm aligned with Upwork's guidelines and policies and haven't missed any crucial criteria for the Expert Vetted badge screening.

Your insights are invaluable to me, and I am eager to understand if there are specific criteria I may have overlooked. Could you kindly guide me on the steps or criteria that would make me eligible for the Expert Vetted screening? Your support in this matter means a lot as I strive to enhance my Upwork experience.

I've been at this stage for a while, but now I want to grow and reach new heights. My goal is to expand my business and help clients face the challenges of the digital era.

Thank you for your time and for providing this wonderful platform.

6 REPLIES 6
NikolaS

Hi Shiv,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Congratulations on achieving Top Rated Plus status and an amazing feedback section from clients. Keep up the good work!

I would like to clarify that to earn an Expert-Vetted badge, you must be invited and go through an interview process and screening with our Talent Managers. If you become Expert-Vetted, you will represent the top 1% of talent on Upwork. You may want to check this help article to find categories in which Expert-Vetted status is available along with other criteria.

Let us know if you have further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you for the response, but I still haven't received any information about what I need to do to receive an invitation for the Expert Vetted badge.

Hi Shiv,

As Nikola mentioned, this badge is invitation-only, meaning we will reach out to you if you qualify. Feel free to check the article he shared above to learn more about the process of being an Expert-Vetted Talent.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Could it be more vague? there are always some rules to "qualify". Expert Vetted badge is not if you qualify, It's just random and probably by people who do not even understand what we do.

tjmisny
Community Member

Don't get your hopes up - the Expert Vetted Program has been absolutley worthless to me.  Majority of clients do not even see the badge beacuse you need to be a paid Upwork user to even see it.  The Expert Vetted Program has not connected me to even a single client interview despite this being part of the sales pitch.  Upwork has no interest in connecting the most talented freelancers with the most substantial clients - they are more invested in extracting as much money from the lower level freelancers as possible via the "pay to play" scheme started recently.  

seems about right, I am spending a lot of money on connects, I have 15 years of experience. At one point of time I use to get replies everyday from clients.Now it's kind of a graveyard. My client reviews are good profile is ok I think.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members