🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » HOW TO HANDLE ADDITIONAL CHEF WORK EXPENSES
Page options
baenadaniela
Community Member

HOW TO HANDLE ADDITIONAL CHEF WORK EXPENSES

Hi, I have questions about how to charge for my recipe development services. I have already done two jobs (very poorly paid by my mistake), however for the following jobs I would like to agree on additional conditions before start, but I don't know if it is right to do it this way:

1. charge the client a kitchen rental fee (I have to pay water, electricity and gas in my house to test them, sometimes it's more than 4 hours with the oven pre-done!) but with hourly contracts how could I make the additional charge of kitchen fee? This is taking into account that not all the hours of work as a recipe developer are in the kitchen, there are quite a few hours of research and computer work. 

2. Offer the client that if we work more than 10 hours I can make a discount on the hourly rate. (This is possible? Where can I tell him that, in the cover letter?

Or do you recommend that I consider ALL of these costs and include them in my standard freelancer hourly rate? I'm worried that it might be too high and that's why I won't get hired, since I have not received any new projects since I raised my rate or I have not been accepted.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Daniela B wrote:

Or do you recommend that I consider ALL of these costs and include them in my standard freelancer hourly rate?

Absolutely!

Daniela B wrote:

I have not received any new projects since I raised my rate or I have not been accepted.

The reason for that is probably that clients take one look at your profile and see you're working at less than a quarter of your profile rate.

This makes clients think you are literally taking the proverbial. Maybe go for fixed rate contracts for a while, and build your hourly rate up slowly / gradually, not jumping from under ten Dollars (what WERE you thinking?) to 40 in one step. It will almost certainly not work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Daniela B wrote:

Or do you recommend that I consider ALL of these costs and include them in my standard freelancer hourly rate?

Absolutely!

Daniela B wrote:

I have not received any new projects since I raised my rate or I have not been accepted.

The reason for that is probably that clients take one look at your profile and see you're working at less than a quarter of your profile rate.

This makes clients think you are literally taking the proverbial. Maybe go for fixed rate contracts for a while, and build your hourly rate up slowly / gradually, not jumping from under ten Dollars (what WERE you thinking?) to 40 in one step. It will almost certainly not work.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members