🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Having difficulty as a Nigerian to verify you...
Page options
f1085b04
Community Member

Having difficulty as a Nigerian to verify your ID using NIN?

Once you have NIN slip, you can use it for your ID verification. Just ensure it is well snapped and ensure the name, address on it tally with the ones on your profile.
196 REPLIES 196
a44a278a
Community Member

good day moderator. I'm facing the same issue I'm a Nigerian and our valid government issued ID card is the NIN. I tried to upload my NIN but Upwork didn't accept it I even went as far as to get my Digital NIN slip today I got it and uploaded it only for Upwork not to accept it again. please this is becoming very frustrating. with all the running around I have been doing for this verification I think my one week has even elapsed. please I have my Government Issued ID card which is my NIN, how can I get my identity verified.

thank you moderator.

Hello Emmanuel,

I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket regarding your concern. One of our team members will review your account and respond to you as soon as possible. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello PradeepH

The Ntional Identification issued to all Nigerians by the Nigerian government is the NIN slip or the Digital ID. these i have uploaded but upwork is not accepting it. it is frustrating

exelseries
Community Member

Hi Guys, please I am experiencing difficulties with Verifying my upwork account using my NIN but the slip and the digital copy,  please is there something I could do as I really need this done ASAP 

Thanks in Advance

Hi There,

I've reached out to the team handling the review, and they confirmed that you need to update your profile photo for them to review your ID completely. Your profile photo must be a portrait photo and an actual picture of you. To change your profile picture:

1. Go to Find Work  Profile
  2. Click the ✎ icon next to your profile photo
  3. Choose a file, adjust and crop the photo to your face, then click Save

Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

I have done so, Morever they should know that the picture in my Image is years apart from my current look

Hello Arjay, please can you give me a reply on the current update, I am frustrated and devastated, there is not even an email I can send to or a phone number to call, please what is the update, I am uploading my documents here to show you ..

Hi there, 

You can access the ticket from the verification team by going here

~ Joanne
Upwork
b77995f0
Community Member

Hello, I am having issues verifying my identity with my NIN slip. It says unsupported type of ID

Hi Eberechi,

In order to fully access the platform, we routinely ask freelancers and clients to verify their identities to help keep Upwork a safe place for you to do business. We are unable to approve the NIN document as it does not include your date of birth.

Your government ID should be the same person as your Upwork profile photo and match the address you have on file on your Upwork Profile. The acceptable forms of ID vary by country and will be listed on the form.

• This ID must include your picture, signature, name, date of birth, and address, with the exception of passports, which don't need your address.
  • The documents we accept include a passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we cannot accept:

• Student IDs, employee IDs, library cards, handwritten IDs, temporary IDs, photocopied IDs, military IDs, and health cards.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie, 

I have a voter ID but it is listed as an accepted document for my country. Can I upload it?

Hi Eberechi,

Yes, you should be able to use it. If there are any issues with your submission, the team will let you know.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b77995f0
Community Member

Hello, Luiggi R, I have successfully verified my identity with my Voter ID

66ef7c6b
Community Member

Good Day ArjayM,

I have been trying to verify my upwork account using my NIN slip. I haven't been able to capture it, it keeps saying it cannot find the four corners of my ID. Please I need help. What can I do? I got an offer but cannot proceed unless I am verified.

Hi Chinyere,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Good Day Faithful, 

I wanted to find out if you successfully got verified with your NIN slip or digital version.  I'm currently having same issues you had. 

exelseries
Community Member

Got same error, i dont know why... can this be resolved please? i have my International Passport, though its Expired, can I use that?

b77995f0
Community Member

Hey guys, 

My NIN did not work. This includes the slip and the card but I was able to successfully verify with my Voters card. Hope this helps.

06811a95
Community Member

Hi, I am facing issues with using my NIN to verify my account on Upwork. It keeps saying in using the wrong document. Can someone help me out please? 

Hi Ifeoluwa,

We sincerely apologize for the delay with your ID verification. Please extend your patience and try reverifying your ID after 24 hours by going to Settings> Identity Verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
688825bf
Community Member

Please I have uploaded mine but nin card not slip with its rejecting it ...

I will look for my nin slip but can't I use a nin card my name, date of birth, passport photo ,nin number and barcode is on the nin ID card?

Must it be nin slip?

Hi Ekezie,

If the system is rejecting it, it means the submission was denied. Kindly consider submitting other alternate Valid Government-issued ID. Or, you may resubmit the same name NIN slip but make sure that it is the original photo shot of the NIN slip. 

Best practices for images include:
- Do not crop or alter your image
- Ensure all four corners of your ID are visible
- The image should be clear and in color
- The ID should be a valid government-issued photo ID (not a digital copy, expired or temporary)

Once you are ready to resubmit, access your Upwork account Settings and click the Identity Verification tab to continue.

Please check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
a44a278a
Community Member

it's almost 2 weeks now since I uploaded my NIN and spoke with an agent for visual verification of my government issued ID card. but Upwork doesn't want to verify my identity please what have I done wrong the whole issue is becoming frustrating. 

Hi Emmanuel,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've notified the team of your concern, and one of our agents has contacted you via a support ticket with more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
77099dda
Community Member

Hi, I am also having an issue verifying my NIN siip. Please help out

Hi Taiwo,

Thank you for reporting this. Could you please try to resubmit your ID? To continue, you may access your Upwork account Settings and click the Identity Verification tab. Let us know if you're still having difficulties afterward; we'll look further into that for you. 

In the meantime, you may check this help article for more information about acceptable documents.

~ Arjay
Upwork
donraspy
Community Member

Please I am having serious issues with my verification, My NIN slip is not working. I need help. I don't want to lose my account. I have an active contract. Please

Hi Rasheed,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e2a1e662
Community Member

Please help. My nin slip is not being accepted.

e2a1e662
Community Member

Please help I am having challenges with using my nin card for verification. It is not accepting it and I have just 3 days left 

Hi Confidence,

I see that a manual review of your submission was recently triggered. Kindly allow more time for the review to be completed; the team will contact you directly if more information is needed. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
_kene
Community Member

I've tried verifying using my Nin which is Nigeria's ID it says it has a problem verifying my id i propably submitted an unsupported ID. 

I don't have a passport nor drivers license atm. What do i do? Upwork has not been fun at all especially for people just joining the platform 

Hi Kenechukwu,

I am sorry to hear about your ID verification. I see that one of our team members from the relevant team has already notified you about the verification status and the next steps via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
d0210b0b
Community Member

My NIN and Voter's card got rejected

Hi Joshua,

Please be aware that If the system is rejecting your ID, it means the submission was denied. Kindly consider submitting other alternate Valid Government-issued ID. You may check this help article for more information about acceptable documents and best practices when submitting your ID for approval.

Once you are ready to resubmit, access your Upwork account Settings and click the Identity Verification tab to continue. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d3ad36a1
Community Member

I'm having issues with verifying my ID using my NIN and that's the only means of verification I have at the moment. 
Kindly rectify this issue please.

Hi Femi,

I'm sorry you're having trouble verifying your identity. I can see that the relevant team has already contacted you via a support ticket with more information regarding your submission. Kindly refer to your ticket and don't hesitate to follow up with them if you have questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
366e9fa8
Community Member

Hi everyone, pls I'm finding it difficult to upload my NIN slip, I'm from Nigeria, I'm getting rejected messages. Pls what can I do? That's the only ID I have.

Hi Duke,

I have followed up with the team handling your request and I confirmed that the previous submission was rejected due to the profile picture. I see that you have already updated your profile picture now. Please upload your NIN slip to proceed with verification. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

The system keeps rejecting my NIN. Please assist.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members