🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hello, i have some problems about my payment ...
Page options
170521ac
Community Member

Hello, i have some problems about my payment account.

Hello UpWork Team!

I got an email from UpWork this morning. 

In a recent review, we found evidence of potentially fraudulent activities by clients you’re working with, **Edited for Community Guidelines** and **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Based on our investigation, we have suspended these clients, which has ended your contracts.

And i found my financial transactions for **Edited for Community Guidelines** have been limited until now.

Can anyone explain what happen to me? I am very upset now.  This is my first month to be a freelancer and work in the UpWork. I need help from you. Thanks you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ruiyang Y wrote:

I want to know whether my financial transactions limited can be released and my payment to my client could be recovered.

How did you send the money or pay on behalf of the clients? You may be able to get it back (but it is doubtful) if you contact the payment processors.

The money paid by the "clients" via the platform will be reversed if it hasn't been already.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Ruiyang Y wrote:

Can anyone explain what happen to me?

You worked with bad people. Chances are, they are connected, if not one and the same.

Any contract that involves paying money to or on behalf of a client and being paid more than that money via Upwork is not only not allowed, it will lead to you losing money at best, being involved in money laundering and losing your money at worst.

The money "paid" by those "clients" will be reversed.

170521ac
Community Member

I'm sorry but I have no subjective intention of participating in illegal activities.

Can I get the platform's understanding?

Hi Ruiyang,

I can see that you already have a ticket with our team with the number 33722110. Feel free to follow up directly there with any additional questions you may have and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you.
I want to know whether my financial transactions limited can be released and my payment to my client could be recovered.
I had try to communicate in the https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/33722110 but no body respond me until now.

petra_r
Community Member

Ruiyang Y wrote:

How did you send the money or pay on behalf of the clients? You may be able to get it back (but it is doubtful) if you contact the payment processors.

The money paid by the "clients" via the platform will be reversed if it hasn't been already.

170521ac
Community Member

Thank you.
I know what should i do and increase my vigilance.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members