🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help Blocking Client/Member from contacting m...
Page options
gracealtieri
Community Member

Help Blocking Client/Member from contacting me its harassing

I had wrote this proposal for a job, eventhough I had just gained two long term clients, I had thought the idea sounded interesting and it was also very vague and inquired about that in my proposal. Regardless, I am going about my day and I get a message from the **Edited for Community Guidelines**profile, IMMEDIATELY asking for my number, still unable to give any info on the project . There was no way I was giving my phone number, and his profile is most likely fake, so I blow it off. I figure if he says "contact if interested" then that's all but I had this feeling in my gut just they way he messaged me- AND now he wont stop WHO THE HELL IS THIS GUY???

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Just go to the messages thread, click on the client's picture or avatar on the left, and choose "block XYZ"

block client.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Just go to the messages thread, click on the client's picture or avatar on the left, and choose "block XYZ"

block client.png

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Grace,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. Our team will investigate the client further and if any violations of our TOS are found, proper actions will be taken. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok, So I blocked him and then I get an email notification that my proposal was declined for being unresponsive and rude (see attachment)
Is this going to go against me? I got an invite for the job, I knew something wasn’t right but I sent a proposal anyway and then it was just consistent messages from this guy. Plus now looking at the profile he has 2 open jobs in the last 2 months 0% hire rate and he sends out 20 invites- this is the worst experience I have had in this platform and I JUST got 2 long term clients I am going to be so devastated if this counts against my JSS (whenever I get it)….

I also flagged the job post with a note.

What else Can I do?

Thanks

Grace

Grace H wrote:
Ok, So I blocked him and then I get an email notification that my proposal was declined for being unresponsive and rude (see attachment)
Is this going to go against me?

No. It does not. Just forget that twit.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members