🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help, a customer's disgusting review can't be...
Page options
2ae2c45f
Community Member

Help, a customer's disgusting review can't be solved even if there is evidence?

Hi everyone, I was disgusted by a customer review. As a result, my JSS score dropped and my badge disappeared.

Consult upwork, no one is responsible for solving it?

Is there currently evidence that it can't change my JSS score? This kind of client has hurt a lot of freelancers. Why should we protect this kind of person?

And let us freelancers pay the bill? Signed the contract, took the documents and ran away without any feedback. Even the audit is done after 14 days of system protection before getting paid.

Please help, why are freelancers so humble?

What is going on with this platform? It's not fair at all as advertised. . .

How to solve the problem for help. I can't get any orders. The JSS score cannot pass 90%, so I value JSS more. I had a 100% success rate at work before.

please help. . .

6 REPLIES 6
759e32fa

Hi Xing,

Feedback represents the user's opinion, and because of this, we can't edit these comments or scores, nor can we investigate them for accuracy. If you have issues with feedback, please discuss it with your client directly. If the client agrees to revise their comments or scoring, you can enable feedback changes from within the contract.

~ AJ
Upwork

I can't get it to work now, the JSS is too low.
If you want to handle it this way, I don’t want to work on your platform anymore.
I think you are cheating freelancers.

Even if there is evidence, we can't solve it. It's really disgusting.

Please tell me how to change my previous review.

I gave this customer a good review and he tricked me into giving me a bad review.
I want to give him a bad review, please treat it fairly.

Plenty of freelancers get jobs with your JSS. A few jobs with great feedback, and it will shoot right up.

Retaliation is not what it's cracked up to be. It doesn't serve you to chase after this person to give them a bad review. In fact, it makes you look unprofessional. You can explain in polite terms what you think happened, but there is no benefit from retaliation. Move on and don't look back.

If he could communicate, this wouldn't happen.

He is a scammer. He asked for my source files, but they didn't even approve them. I took a screenshot and showed him there was no problem before submitting the source file.

It's a fraudulent document.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with what you said, and your thoughts are very naive. So why do we need rules?

Why can't I give him a bad review too? Why let others be deceived by him again?

It's one thing to leave a polite but honest review. We all need to do that. It's quite another to post with retaliation, as I said in my earlier post. You can be completely honest without sounding like you are after revenge. There is a lot of anger in your posts. It doesn't serve you to go on the attack.

So, you are unhappy the client didn't leave feedback? Lots of clients don't. But then you say he tricked you into giving him a good review? Which is it?

What is a fraudulent document?

You can think I'm naive if you want, but I see no reason to waste energy trying to get the client to agree to changing feedback.

81f2681a
Community Member

I had a bad experience with a client´s bad review before, he loved my job, I have prints he said the work I did was amazing, then he asked me to do more work that wasn´t previously in the initial briefing, I refused, and then he gave me a bad review. I proved to Upwork that his review was unfair, and they didn´t remove the bad review anyway. At least Upwork let me reply the bad review, explaining my side of the story, and I did it, I wrote all that happened in details.

Sadly there is some clients that acts with bad intentions. Some persons must stop treating clients as they were gods. Clients aren´t gods, they can be bad too, can have bad behavior, and can be wrong too. Some persons here thinks all bad situation that happens is freelancer´s fault. No, a lot of it is client´s fault. They thinks clients is doing a favor hiring us and we must be greatfull, just for having a chance to work for them, even if they don´t pay us and asks for free work. Some persons here thinks clients has rights to scamm us.

Nobody is doing favors here, neighter clients, neighter freelancers. Freelance work is commercial exchanges, clients gives money and we gives our work. Both parts must give something to be traded. This is trades, not charity.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members