🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help with another user's account
Page options
1lily
Community Member

Help with another user's account

Hello all,

I am here on the behalf of another freelancer who wants to reopen his closed account but has no means to contact you. 

Could you please assist?

Ps: This is an urgent matter so please do not ask me to send you a private message if you will not check it.  Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi all,

I understand your friend or colleague would like to contact support and resolve the issue with their Upwork account. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!
~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

812 REPLIES 812
upworksahil2992
Community Member

My collague is locked out of his account. It has already been a week an. 

Despite having an ongoing contract on his profile - not getting adequate response from support team and 'Chat' feature is highly inefficient bot. 

Here's sequence of events:

1.  My friend was not able to access his email which was registered with Upwork. 
  2. He tried to change the email in his upwork account but didn't receive OTP on registered phone. 
  3. As a result, he got locked out of his account. 
  4. He tried filling security web form 4 times, but no one from support team has reached out ot him yet. 
  5. My other agency manager contacted support to get this matter expedited - but seems like support team is not capable to understand the issue and they just keep repeating the response. 

Can some one pls look into this and get this expedited. I will share the further details of affected account on request. 

Hi Sahil,

Thank you for reaching out. While we won't be able to share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons, I can notify the team so they can contact your agency member as soon as possible. Could you please click on my name and send me a private message with more details of the affected user?

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Sent the message Luggi. 

f6d69887
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

I'm writing to bring to your attention a concerning issue faced by a friend of mine, whose Upwork account was recently blocked without warning, along with suspending her financial account and denying her access to her hard-earned funds.

My friend, [Upwork Handle: **Edited for Community Guidelines**] who can't post here because her account has been suspended, has made numerous attempts to reach out to Upwork support through tickets and emails, yet has received no response. It appears that her inquiries have been disregarded, leaving her in a state of distress and uncertainty.

She explained to me that her account was blocked due to mistakenly uploading a resume with a cover letter, simply to showcase her qualifications for a job. Her actions were not intended to breach any platform rules, especially considering that she brought her client to Upwork through a direct contract.

As a newcomer to the Upwork platform, she acknowledges her oversight and is sincerely apologetic for any confusion caused. I strongly believe that everyone deserves a second chance, particularly newcomers who may inadvertently make errors in navigating the platform's guidelines.

If reinstating her account is not feasible at this time, I implore you to grant her access to withdraw her hard-earned funds. She has diligently worked on a project and deserves to receive compensation for her efforts.

I kindly request the Upwork Team to prioritize and respond to her ticket and emails promptly. Her commitment to the platform and her genuine desire to rectify the situation should not be overlooked.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Hi Mabs,

I'm sorry to learn about your friend's account status. We understand how important it is for her to have this issue sorted out in a timely manner. However, we won't be able to share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Your friend should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center's navigation bar and select the "Contact Support" option.
  2. Choose the "Chat with Upwork" option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click "Send." The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f6d69887
Community Member

She did everything sent 3 tickets and several emails for 6 days now.

But she hasn't gotten any feedback from the Upwork team, just like she got snubbed by the team

6b9d9c3b
Community Member

I have a friend, and his account was suspended. and he has available funds on upwork and he wants to witdraw that. he just asked me to post on upwork forum because he couldnt create and account. he needs that money because he was in the hospital right now.  is it possible to get his remaining funds on upwork even when the account has been closed? he told me that he got notification today that he's funds are ready to withdraw however he cannot access his account due to suspension or closed. 

the account can be reinstated if provided proof of whatever upwork requires, why was his account suspended?

Contact the above Support link.

Hi Warren,

I understand your friend would like to contact support to reopen their Upwork account and get access to their fund They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in. To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:
  1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

- Pradeep
Upwork

She did contact the support but the Upwork team snub has been the ticket for more than 8 days now, is this how the platform holds people's funds for no reason? 

3205cc02
Community Member

Hi, I am creating this post for my relative.  

He was creating his upwork account 18 days ago. After putting his profile picture and address in, he submitted his profile, and immediately was welcomed by "We have permanently blocked your account, contact support....". He never got an email explaining why it was blocked, absolutely nothing at all. As he couldn't post in the community, he created a suspension appeal, and it has been 18 days now and no one has responded to the suspension appeal ticket. Now after 15 days had passed, he was trying to add payment method onto his upwork profile and "SOMEHOW" the message went from permanently blocked to just " we have blocked your account" and a Know your customer review was initiated, we don't know why. And now it has been 36+ hours and the Know your customer review hasn't completed and the screen is stuck to blocked and wait 48 hours for KYC review ( I have attached picture of current status and suspension appeal ID)

Hi Jahanzaib,

We won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations.
Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account.
~ Joanne
Upwork
134d9d34
Community Member

Recently, my wife encountered the same issue: "Your account has been closed. Please contact customer support if you would like to reopen it." She had earned over $100K on Upwork, was a top-rated freelancer, and had logged more than 12,000 hours of work. Upwork closed her account without providing any reason, and her career is now in jeopardy. She has attempted to contact Upwork, but due to her lack of access, she asked me to reach out here. Can any moderator assist her?

Hi Masud,

I'm sorry to learn about your wife's account status. We understand how important it is for her to have this issue sorted out promptly. However, we won't be able to share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. She should be able to contact our support team via the chatbot without logging in.

1. Navigate to the Help Center's navigation bar and select the "Contact Support" option.
  2. Choose the "Chat with Upwork" option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click "Send." The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to use the chatbot to access support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

~ Arjay
Upwork
134d9d34
Community Member

She has no access. She tried the chat bot, but it is showing a network error.

Hi Masud,

Could you please request her to try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on the browser? She can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork

She has deleted cookies and cache on the browser and tried again but still facing same problem. "Connection error. Please start over or refresh the page."

Masud, we aren't able to reproduce the error you are referring to. She should be able to contact support without logging in by following the steps Pradeep shared above. Could you please try using a different internet connection if you have one available? Please share a screengrab of the error you see if the problem persists.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c9846aef
Community Member

Upwork not responding for almost 15 days after suspending an account

I am filling this appeal not for myself but for a friend of mine. His account is blocked by upwork for almost 15 days now. He is sending continuous emails but upwork support is not even responding to single email. His open tickets are #46357966 and #46295187. He already had a verified badge on his id.

Please respond.

Hi Ads,

We won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations.

Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
0e6703e8
Community Member

Upwork not responding for almost 30 days after suspending an account

I communicated with them more than once and explained my case regarding the problem, but there is no response, and this is my ticket #46082074 

Please resolve mu issue

ccd856f8
Community Member

Hi, I need assistance with my husband's account on Upwork as he cannot access it from his email. The last company in which he worked has the brand on which he created his Upwork profile now the company doesn't have that domain and someone else bought it. I have the link to this profile. Please let me know how can I recover it. Thanks

Hi Shizra,

I'm sorry if you're husband's having difficulties accessing his Upwork account. Please be aware that we won't be able to share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. However, he should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ccd856f8
Community Member

Thanks for your response Arjay, he already tried to contact you through Upwork chat but the AI bot is not guiding him correctly which is why I am trying to connect with the Upwork team directly. I hope you understand my concern. Please assist how can he contact a real person? Thanks

6b9d9c3b
Community Member

I have a friend whose account was suspended, and he has available funds on Upwork that he wants to withdraw. He asked me to post on the Upwork forum because he couldn't create an account. He needs that money because he is currently in the hospital. So, I'm asking for your help to assist him in accessing the funds and provide me with a reason for his account suspension.

Hi Warren,

~ Joanne
Upwork
6b9d9c3b
Community Member

Lets put it this way, what if i'm the one who has closed acocunt. my upwork account got closed and i have remaining or available funds, can i still withdraw my funds ? 

sauryaraj
Community Member

I am asking about this information in the case of one of my friend whose account has been suspended. I would like to get the information about the Account supended. "Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support. " When click on the contact customer support it doesn't redirect to anywhere. I think it is completely blocked. Is there any way to open the account.

Thanks

Hi Raj,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your friend's account. I regret to inform that we will be unable to discuss other user's account with you for confidentiality purposes. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in or respond to the notification sent to their registered email address.

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.

- Pradeep
Upwork
olga_yasin
Community Member

Hello,

I have two acquaintances who are having issues with their Upwork accounts. Since they are unable to log in and post on the forum, they asked me to do it for them and share their problem.

Account 1: This account was suspended at the end of last year. The freelancer restored their account in early March of this year and began actively submitting proposals. A few days later, their account was suspended again. The freelancer resubmitted all the documents as before. However, this time, the document he previously submitted was rejected. The freelancer is trying to figure out what's wrong, as they were told that something was missing from that document. And he submitted another document. Yesterday, he received a message from support:

"Hello Dmitry,

Thank you for submitting the required documents and completing the identity verification process.

We are already in the final stage of completing your verification. We will be in contact if additional information is needed from your end.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to assist you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Jem

Upwork Trust & Safety Team"

Today, he logged in and saw a message: "Your account has been closed. Please contact customer support if you would like to reopen your account." How could someone have closed it if nobody logged into the account???

Account 2: This account was registered in March of this year. The freelancer started bidding actively and was asked to verify his account right away. After completing the verification, he started bidding, and a week later, when logging in, he suddenly saw: "Your account has been closed. Please contact customer support if you would like to reopen your account." Nobody deleted his account! He requested a restoration, described the problem, and after 48 hours, received an email notification that he could reactivate his account. He clicked on reactivation. Logging in was fine, but when entering the password, a message popped up saying the account was suspended. But why? How? Nobody even had a chance to log in.

Can you please advise if anyone has experienced this before, and what can be done to navigate through these unclear bans?

Hi Olga,

Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account. Additionally, if these two freelancers need to contact support for assistance with their respective accounts, they can do so via the chatbot without having to log in.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
good-gds
Community Member

Hi, my colleague closed the account by mistake and now he can't log in again.
Can you help me?

We can't find the chat that is saying in the support section.

Thanks for your help.

Bests,
Florencia

Hi Maria,

I understand your friend would like to contact support and reopen their Upwork account. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e21be966
Community Member

My friend and I are on a team with separate logins, and have a huge project going on with a freelancer we just hired. My friends account just got suspended and we can't get ahold of anyone to help! It's all chatbot.

Hi Tiffany,

I'm sorry to learn that your friend is having trouble contacting support. We won't be able to share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Your friend should be able to reach out to our support team by following the steps below:

3. Type in a question or topic and click "Send." The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question

We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

Additionally, if your friend is still struggling to reach out for support, you can advise them to post in the Community; we'll gladly assist them from here. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
134d9d34
Community Member

Recently, my wife encountered the same issue: "Your account has been closed. Please contact customer support if you would like to reopen it." She had earned over $100K on Upwork, was a top-rated freelancer, and had logged more than 12,000 hours of work. Upwork closed her account without providing any reason, and her career is now in jeopardy. She has attempted to contact Upwork, but due to her lack of access, she asked me to reach out here. Can any moderator assist her?

Hi Masud,

I'm sorry to learn that your wife is having a similar problem. We won't be able to share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Your wife should be able to reach out to our support team by following the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center's navigation bar and select the "Contact Support" option.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click "Send." The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question

We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

Additionally, if your wife is struggling to reach out for support, you can advise her to post in the Community; we'll gladly assist from here. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
134d9d34
Community Member

My wife has no access how she will post in the Community? Please try to understand. She tried chatbot but no "chatbot showing network error"

My wife has no access how she will post in the Community? Please try to understand. She tried chatbot option but "chatbot showing network error"

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members