🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help with another user's account
Page options
3684d360
Community Member

Help with another user's account

Hi, 

I wanted to enquire about 2 profiles under our agency. 

Vinay: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0166f5d5d3aaf50c7e

- JSS disappeared and the Top-Rated badge was removed.

Sathi: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017023e9a95493865a 

- JSS  reduced from 93% to 60% and Top- Rated badge was removed. 

Please let us know the reason and help to resolve it immediately. 

Thanks! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Gokula,

I understand that your colleagues need assistance with their Upwork account. I'm afraid that we can't share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Please advise them to contact support for assistance; they can do this without having to log in in the event they can't access their account. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center's navigation bar and select the "Contact Support" option.
  2. Choose the" "Chat with Upwor" option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click" "Send." The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.

We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

293 REPLIES 293

Hello Mirza,

Thank you for reaching out. I'd like to let you know that creating an Upwork account for other users is not allowed and is considered a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. I'm afraid that we can't share the details of another user's account for privacy reasons. Please advise him to contact support for assistance; he can do this without having to log in in the event he can't access his account. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center's navigation bar and select the "Contact Support" option.
  2. Choose the" "Chat with Upwor" option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click" "Send." The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.

We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

Edited to add more information:

Mirza, could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the profile link in question. I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~Ivy
Upwork
2a39dd23
Community Member

Hey there,

Let me tell you the situation before my questions:
I am a partner in a development firm, and we have to create an Agency account on Upwork.

The firm is GST registered under my partner's name, so we created his Upwork account but idk why Upwork has restricted/suspended it. [He also raised a support ticket (Suspension Appeal Form), but did not receive any response from Upwork for the last 6 days] 

So I created an Upwork Agency account under my Upwork account (so basically I am the owner of the Agency) 

Now my questions are as follows:

1. I have to provide tax and GST information. Should the name of the Agency owner match the tax information (PAN, etc.)? Is it necessary? 

2. I will receive payments from the US, so I will need FIRA/FIRC to show in the GST portal. Which payment method should I choose for withdrawal? Please help me with the setup. 

3. If the 1st point is necessary then I will not be able to add my Agency tax and GST information, and my partner's account is still suspended, so in this case what should I do??

Please help me with these questions, as I have to start bidding and continue my work ASAP. 

Hello Devansh,

Thank you for reaching out! I’m really sorry to hear about the issue with your partner’s account. To clarify, if you're rendering services under your Company name then you can add your Company Tax Information to your Agency account, though your partner would be ideal. Please note though, that you are not required to have or submit a GSTIN. However, if you do not provide a valid GSTIN, we are required to charge you GST and remit it to the government of India.

Regarding your FIRC concern, please keep in mind that Upwork is not a bank so we don’t produce FIRC (Foreign Inward Remittance Certificate.) But we can request the FIRC information from the payment processor who sends your payment and forward that to you! Just a heads up, some banks may only provide the Disbursement Receipt or Proof of Transfer instead of the actual FIRC certificate, and an FIRC might not be available for older withdrawals. In those cases, it would be best to chat with your bank for assistance. For more details about FIRC, feel free to check out this helpful article. If you need a FIRC, please don’t hesitate to contact Upwork Support!

We won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. It would be best if you could encourage your partner to reach out to contact support for assistance; he can do this without needing to log in if he can’t access his account.

To access our support services, here’s a guide to follow:

1. Navigate to the Help Center's navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to start a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will start by sharing relevant articles related to your question.

We really encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to explore the available support options. Asking for assistance directly might not provide enough information for the chatbot to assist you properly—like creating a ticket for you with the right team based on your concern.

~Ivy
Upwork
Community Member

Hi Friends,

Our team members profile is inactive or suspended.  We tried to raise support request, but it is still open and no response.  Since their account is suspended, they could not able to create topic in forums also.  

How do we resolve it?

We want to bid project, but our team members profile is not active.. What to do?  Please help.

Regards,

V2W software solutions pvt ltd. 

Hi there,

We want to check this for you. Please share the ticket number so we can check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
shweta_developer
Community Member

Dear Sir, 

My Husband Opened an account on upwork. there are 72 hours passed and he still see the message that Your account is on review. He can not post into forum, He can not create support ticket. Please help him. Someone from support send me personal message so I can send his account details 

This Message is showing "Your account is currently under review and has been restricted. Find out more or contact Customer Support."

Hi Suchitra,

I’m sorry to hear about the issue with your husband's account. I'd like to clarify that for privacy reasons, we are unable to check and discuss another user’s account status. For him to receive proper assistance from our support team, you can share these steps:

• Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  • Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  • Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.

We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

~Ronna
ab86a154
Community Member

Dear all,

I am new to upwork and one of our freelancer account is suspended without any email. It was a new account without any work. Also, we emailed the upwork support with all the IDs for verification but it still shows in progress. His tax ID is verified so why the other profile verification is taking so long. We would like to bid for some projects and bring our new/existing client to bill us through upwork through our resource profile however we are unable to do so as it throws the below error when we try to bid. Error is "This feature is not available because the freelancer you selected is suspended.It seams no Human support exists and the bot is not at all helpful. We are struck after waiting for weeks and are not pushed so hard that we are thinking about moving to other platforms. so please support us if you would like to retain us, asap. 

Hi Dinesh,

I’m sorry to hear about the issue on your freelancer's account. For privacy reasons, we are unable to check and discuss another user’s account status. However, they should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in. To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.

~Ronna
ca8fab28
Community Member

I have created the friend's upwork account which is under review and has been restricted since one month. and i am not sure how can i help her.
here is the link to profile 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a1a4c6cd946a1a87

Hi Abdul,

I am sorry to hear about your friend's account. I won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, they should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in. To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:
  1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.

Additionally, I would like to remind you that creating multiple accounts on behalf of your friends or family or colleagues or sharing their accounts is considered a serious TOS violation and may lead to the suspension of all linked accounts including your Upwork account. 

- Pradeep
Upwork

Thank you, PradeepH, for your response. She is unable to post to the community, which is why she asked me to post on her behalf. She has already tried using the chatbot and reading articles, but nothing has helped. Could you please provide a solution specific to her profile?

I fully understand the consequences of having multiple accounts, and I always prioritize the security of Upwork rather than engaging in any violations.

ab02873a
Community Member

Hello everyone,

About a month ago I had suggested one of my friends to join Upwork to start her freelancing career.

Since, her Google Chrome browser had two email IDs logged in, she mistakenly created two Upwork IDs from those two email IDs.

Her primary profile has been showing the following message for the past one month, "Your account is currently under review and has been restricted. Find out more or contact Customer Support".

I assume this happened due to the fact that she created two profiles.

She never worked for any client on Upwork, in fact none of her profiles even got approved in the first place. Today when I asked her about the probable reasons, she mentioned creating two IDs mistakenly. She now understands that it is a big violation of Upwork terms and conditions and she has closed one of the two accounts.

I am writing her issue because her ID doesn't have the access to support forum. Her ID keeps saying, "Your account is currently under review and has been restricted. Find out more or contact Customer Support."

So, it will be kind of you (whomsover it may concern) if you can tell me if my friend can get her primary account verified and work on Upwork. She genuinely did not intend to create two accounts, and it was an accident.

Thanks in advance

Hi Rishav,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your friend's account. For privacy reasons, we are unable to check and discuss another user’s account status. For them to receive proper assistance, I highly recommend sharing with them these steps so they can contact our support team: 

• Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  • Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  • Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.

We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

~Ronna
ab02873a
Community Member

Thanks Ronna for the prompt response regarding the matter.

I will convey the information provided by you to her.

Regards,

Rishav

7c24825a
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

A friend of mine has created a new account on Upwork platform last week. After creation within 5 minutes, it got suspended. He already has filled out the Form but nobody is responding to their request.

Upwork profile URL: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Could you please let me know the reason for suspension? 

Best Regards,

Taran

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Taranjeet,

I am sorry to hear about your friend's account. I understand he would like to contact support and reopen his Upwork account. I see that we have already received their appeal request and it is in the queue with the relevant team. Please know that all support requests are handled in the same manner they are received in the queue. One of our team members will review their request and respond to the account owner directly as soon as possible. Unfortunately, I am unable to discuss further information about other user's accounts for security reasons. Please request the account owner to follow up directly if they need further assistance. 

- Pradeep
Upwork

Thank you for responding back pradeepH, 

It is been more than a week, he has submitted a request. Could you please let me know the reason so we can do some improvements?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members