🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hidden messages
Page options
iskondesign
Community Member

Hidden messages

Hi there,

Are hidden messages permanently lost or is there a way to retrieve them? 

Thank you

Najdan

11 REPLIES 11
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Najdan,

If you hide any message room, you can simply unhide it by searching for it in your messages and click on the results where it is showing. Once you do this, you'll be able to continue your communication with the room participants. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jn_designs_888
Community Member

Yes, it would pop up but there are no options to unhide it.😭

albergb
Community Member

Additionally, if you don't remember any string that matches the person or conversation, you can't retrieve it. This is awful behaviour. Please, fix this as soon as possible and make it work like a conventional "archive messages" function. 

laralex-yii
Community Member

Seriously?? There is no option to unhide messages?🤣 Right now I need to unhide it to make clear to me the issue with our clients and I can't do that... Upwork is disappointing each time more and more. 

Hi Alexander,

You can unhide the messages by searching for the client name or job title in your messages and clicking on the results.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
sydmt
Community Member

If you hide messages, and the client sends you a message, will it show up in the inbox?

Hi Sydney,

Yes, you should still be able to see any new messages.

~Andrea
Upwork

There's still no "unhide" option when logged in as client account, the only way to make it appear on inbox again is to search the conversation and send a new message in that chat.

miguelgarciamx
Community Member

But what happens if you want to keep your inbox clean and then reach out to old clients for follow? And you don't remember the client's name?

You can reach room from contract (Messages tab) if you remember job you did.

26a5c872
Community Member

To find all of your hidden messages, just follow the pic example below.

To unhide a message completely, you would have to message the person first and then wait for them to reply which I believe brings the hidden message back into your inbox.

Hidden Messages.jpg

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members