🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hiring someone from a project as a FREELANCER
Page options
diaz-mariano
Community Member

Hiring someone from a project as a FREELANCER

Hey!

So I need to hire a friend who doesn't work at Upwork for a client that I have on Upwork, my question is if I am allowed to ask the client to pay me OUTSIDE the platform as the budget is not for me, it's for someone else 

Current situation:

The client's budget for animating a video is 500usd and the animator I would hire charges that price ( I don't get profit, I need the animator so I can work on my part later one and get that profit)

If I receive the client's money I would receive 400usd because of the commission but still have to pay to the other freelancer 500.

Does it make sense what I say?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3a761b81
Community Member

From my understanding of Upwork ToS, it would be a violation to ask your client to pay YOU outside the platform, regardless of what you intend to do with the money. I am afraid you only have a budget of 400$ (after Upwork fees, it may be even less after bank charges if applicable) to outsource the job to your friend or any other sub-contractor.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bobafett999
Community Member

One of the Mantra for working on upwork is Thou SHALL NOT do any financial transaction out side of the platform.

3a761b81
Community Member

From my understanding of Upwork ToS, it would be a violation to ask your client to pay YOU outside the platform, regardless of what you intend to do with the money. I am afraid you only have a budget of 400$ (after Upwork fees, it may be even less after bank charges if applicable) to outsource the job to your friend or any other sub-contractor.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members