🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly Contract
Page options
anton-leskin
Community Member

Hourly Contract

I have tracked 30 hours using upwork time tracker.

And while the money from the time is being under review, I got a message that says "Your contract is being hold".

If then, what about the money under review? 

Can  I get it even if the hold is not released?

8 REPLIES 8
yitwail
Community Member

Anton, if you used time tracker properly, you’ll be paid, but don’t do any more while the contract is on hold.

Hi, John.

Thanks for your reply.

But what happens if the client never tries to verify the payment method?

Anton L wrote:

Hi, John.

Thanks for your reply.

But what happens if the client never tries to verify the payment method?

Was that the reason given for the hold? 

You can't be paid unless/until the client's payment method has been verified. If you accepted a contract from a client with an unverified payment method, that was a mistake on your part. All you can do is hope they straighten it out. Meanwhile, do not work on the contract any more until it is resolved.

The payment method of the client was verified when I started working on his project.

But after 1 week of time tracking, I got the notification.

So does it mean the client is not charged for the time of  the week?

Anton L wrote:

The payment method of the client was verified when I started working on his project.

But after 1 week of time tracking, I got the notification.

So does it mean the client is not charged for the time of  the week?

I've never had that happen to me. The client will be charged and I think if the payment method was verified when you began and you used the tracker properly, etc. then John is right, you'll be paid for what you've already worked. But don't do any more work until it's resolved. it could be the client's card expired and they need to update it. If it's the first time they are hiring on UW, their credit card company might have been overzealous and flagged the charge as fraudulent. That happened to me the first time I hired a FL. Even though the payment method had been verified already, when the actual charge hit, my credit card co thought it was fraud and blocked it. I happened to be at my desk right then and got the fraud alert text, and was able to contact UW and contact the card co and get it straightened out. But if I had been traveling, it could have taken a day or two.

Thanks. 

One more, John said I will get paid exactly if I have used the time tracker properly.

And does it happen even if I haven't completed the job?

Anton L wrote:

Thanks. 

One more, John said I will get paid exactly if I have used the time tracker properly.

And does it happen even if I haven't completed the job?

On an hourly contract you are paid for the time you put in (as long as the tracker shows the time actively spent on that project). Unless the client questions or challenges the time, e.g. claiming that you weren't actively working on his job, then my understanding is you are paid for the time regardless of whether the project is completed or not. 

But what if he asks refund or dispute me, despite that I have used time tracker properly?

Because he never gets satisfied of my work of 1 week.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members