🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly based contract and power outage
Page options
53ce23b2
Community Member

Hourly based contract and power outage

Hello,
I have got my first hourly based project on the platform. I am requesting tips to what are the things I should look out for.

1. The contract says manual time is allowed but I really don't want any conflict since the client is new on the platform as well. At the same time, I am also not sure if I am comfortable sharing screenshots of my research (image references or fonts) as this may be interpreted differently for a person who may not completely understand the process. Your tips on this will be helpful.

2. In my country power outage is quite usual and often very frequent. Internet may stop working with a power outage. Will I have to take certain precautions while running an Upwork app for logging time?

I will really appreciate your tips and suggestions for the concerns I mentioned above.

regards,
Amjad

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Amjad R wrote:

1. The contract says manual time is allowed

It says that by default. Even if "allowed" - there is never any protection for manual time, so only use for clients you know and trust, and not for more money than you can comfortably afford not to get paid for.

Amjad R wrote:

2. In my country power outage is quite usual and often very frequent. Internet may stop working with a power outage. Will I have to take certain precautions while running an Upwork app for logging time?

The tracker can store several hours worth of screenshots in its cache, and then upload them once connection is restored, so this should not be an issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Amjad R wrote:

1. The contract says manual time is allowed

It says that by default. Even if "allowed" - there is never any protection for manual time, so only use for clients you know and trust, and not for more money than you can comfortably afford not to get paid for.

Amjad R wrote:

The tracker can store several hours worth of screenshots in its cache, and then upload them once connection is restored, so this should not be an issue.

53ce23b2
Community Member

Thank you Petra, that was helpful.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members