🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly contract - How to use the app?
Page options
mariagracia2019
Community Member

Hourly contract - How to use the app?

Hello everybody.

I'm new to this forum although I have been in upwork for a while.

I have never worked on an hourly contract and I just got hired to start on November 29th.

My question is how do I use the app to register the hours I work to my client?

I'm supposed to work 8 hours a day (and of course I'm going to do it) but I would like to know how the platform work so I can be prepared.

Thanks in advance.

Mariagabriela.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
f48c5cc0
Community Member

Congratulations Mariagabriela,

Upwork has a time tracker for your desktop. Just install it and turn it on whenever you’re start your work. It tracks your time and takes screenshots. You could also log in manual time if your client allowed manual time logging in your contract.

Goodluck!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
f48c5cc0
Community Member

Congratulations Mariagabriela,

Upwork has a time tracker for your desktop. Just install it and turn it on whenever you’re start your work. It tracks your time and takes screenshots. You could also log in manual time if your client allowed manual time logging in your contract.

Goodluck!

Hello! Thanks.

One question, if you have the time 😉

How can I install the app? Or where can I find more info about it?

Thanks again!

Hi Mariagabriela,

I will be happy to provide more information about using Upwork Desktop App for tracking time. To help you focus on the important stuff, like doing excellent work, we try to make the rest easy. So we made sure that billing your time using Time Tracker in the Upwork desktop app is as simple as can be. 

You can find detailed information about specific installation instructions for each operating system here

To log your time please follow these steps:

• Open the Upwork desktop app
  • Select the correct contract
  • Toggle the On/Off switch to turn on logging
  • Enter a note about what you are working on in the memo box and choose an activity label if your client is using activity labels

Feel free to check this page for more information. You may want to check this page to learn more about getting paid for Hourly Contracts. Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Mariagabriela G wrote:

Hello! Thanks.

One question, if you have the time 😉

How can I install the app? Or where can I find more info about it?

Thanks again!

Pretty sure you will figure that out!

Don't use manual time. It is not payment-protected and should only be used in rare circumstances. If you use the time tracker, it takes a random screenshot in every 10 minute increment, meaning 6 per hour. It also records your mouse-clicks and keyboard use. The client can see what you are working on, and that builds trust, which is what you want. 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Mariagabriela,

Each time you invoke the TimeTracker app you must regularly use your keyboard and/or your mouse so sufficient "activity" is recorded during each 10 minute interval TimeTracker will track throughout your entire 8 hour workday (that's six time segments per hour). 

If you cannot do this, you should probably consider a different type of Upwork contract arrangement, especially if you and your client do not already know each other well and trust each other completely.

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members