🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly contract issue
Page options
abhirup_roy
Community Member

Hourly contract issue

I have an hourly contract. my client allow me to put manual hours. but problem is that my client paid the amount as a bonus before sending the work time sheet by me. now the amount is shown in pending that paid by client and invoice amount is shown in work in progress.
now I am confused, what should I do ? kindly advise me.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "Yes, actually I want to know that the contract showing in progress, How can I mark as completed. because the client paid me the amount directly not paid against this contract."

You are saying that the client paid you for your work "directly" by using the client-side "Pay Bonus" tool.

That is fine. It then takes five days for that bonus payment to become available for withdrawal. There is nothing for you to mark. You can not mark something as completed. If the work is done, you can ask the client to close the contract.

If this is a fixed-price contract, you may still use the Submit Work button. But when the client releases the escrow payment, he will need to edit the amount to be zero, which will send a refund request to you, and then you will need to click a button to agree to that request. So that you don't get double-paid.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Abhirup: If the client ALREADY paid you for your manual time, using the client-side Pay Bonus tool, then the right thing for you to do is to go to your Work Diary and DELETE the hours you have already been paid for.

If the work diary is already locked because these hours were from last week, then the right thing for you to do is to issue a REFUND for that payment.

In the future, you should log your manual time IMMEDIATELY after a work session.

That way your client will be able to see that your time is recorded in the system, and that payment is pending. If you log your manual time first, and THEN see a bonus paid to you, the client won't feel like he needs to pay you a bonus in order to make sure you get paid. Then, if you see a bonus, and you can see that the amount doesn't correspond to a period of time, you will know that you are being paid a bonus simply because the client likes your work and wants to reward you. if you have any doubts, you can ask.

Thank you so much.
I deleted. but kindly advice me one thing now what I should do becouse client paid me total amount as a bonus but in my contract is showing its pending.  

re: "client paid me total amount as a bonus but in my contract is showing its pending."

Yeah, that's normal. Just wait.

A bonus payment has a 5-day holding period before it becomes available to withdraw.

Thank you
Yes, actually I want to know that the contract showing in progress, How can I mark as completed. because the client paid me the amount directly not paid against this contract.

re: "Yes, actually I want to know that the contract showing in progress, How can I mark as completed. because the client paid me the amount directly not paid against this contract."

You are saying that the client paid you for your work "directly" by using the client-side "Pay Bonus" tool.

That is fine. It then takes five days for that bonus payment to become available for withdrawal. There is nothing for you to mark. You can not mark something as completed. If the work is done, you can ask the client to close the contract.

If this is a fixed-price contract, you may still use the Submit Work button. But when the client releases the escrow payment, he will need to edit the amount to be zero, which will send a refund request to you, and then you will need to click a button to agree to that request. So that you don't get double-paid.

Thank you so much
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths