🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How can I get 89% job success score with 5 st...
Page options
Michael A Community Member

How can I get 89% job success score with 5 stars review?

Hi, so I just get my JSS score today and I'm surprised to see the 89% score. I get 5 stars from all the finished jobs but 1 contract which got no feedback after I abruptly ended the contract after the job is finished (newbie mistake). I read the article on https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score

but I still can't understand why I get the unexpected score as it could greatly affect my chance to land a contract. Logically, speaking, with 5 stars reviews I should get higher than that. Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Sebastian-Renato S Community Member

Hi, My guess, low ''Clients who would recommend you'', because there's more to it then just those X stars satisfaction.

Hi, does that affect JSS? That's new to me

Martina P Community Member

Private feedback has the biggest impact on JSS. Public stars are just there to make your profile look nice. 

Petra R Community Member

Michael A wrote:Logically, speaking, with 5 stars reviews I should get higher than that. Thanks!

One of your contracts ended with less than perfect private feedback. The stars are really pretty much irrelevant, the vast majority of clients leave 5 stars by default even if they didn't like working with the freelancer. That's why the AVERAGE feedback on Upwork is 4.9 stars.

Hi, I see. What's the point of public feedback then? Is there any way to know which client gives me a less-than-perfect private feedback?

Martina P Community Member

No, by design you can't know that. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members