🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How can I verify my phone number?
Page options
Muhammad O Community Member

How can I verify my phone number?

I want to ask that what is the procedure to get the Phone number verified badge?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Valeria K Community Member

Muhammad,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to request phone verification yourself.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

89 REPLIES 89

Hi Muhammad,

Phone verification isn't an option available for all users on Upwork. Sometimes it's required and the team notifies the user about it. However, no badge will show on freelancer profile when it's done. It doesn't look like you were requested to complete phone verification at this time.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks for the reply Valeria K. Yes you are right I was not requested to complete my phone verification but I just wanted to know that when and how phone verification is needed and completed. What if I want to verify my phone number without any request?

Muhammad,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to request phone verification yourself.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Clarify 1 last thing. Phone number is only verified when a clients asks to do so. Am I right?

Thanks alot in advance. 🙂

Muhammad,

No, that's not correct. Upwork team may ask a user to do some additional verifications including phone verification. It is not requested by clients and it will not be displayed on profile.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Al A Community Member

Thank you valeria K 🙂

Md Forhad S Community Member

Thanks a lot ,,It's clear enough !Smiley Happy

Kazim S Community Member

Upwork > Setting > Password and Security

Md Jasim F Community Member

Thanks for the Clarification @valeria k

Sothan T Community Member

I'm unable to verify my phone number 

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Sothan, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Hayley F Community Member

I did not get the verification text sent to my phone number, please help. I have had to refill out my application 4 times.
Bojan S Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Hayley.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Colin M Community Member

Hi Bojan, having an issue with my phone number being linked so an old account - no idea how to handle this as the system isnt too friendly. Could someone reach out to me at my email address to correct this? 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Colin.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Saif U Community Member

Greetings Bojan S 

Here is my profile link, How may I get phone verification on Upwork, please?

Thank you

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~013dafd17b3053e959

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Saif,

The phone verification badge is something that used to be available and is still visible on profiles of freelancers who were able to receive it back then. However, it's not available anymore and can't be requested.

~ Nikola
Andrew O Community Member

I'm unable to verify my phone number.  I enter my number and it never proceeds onward from that screen or sends me a text message.  I am in the USA and have tried putting a "1" in front of mobile number.  Also tried doing this from a laptop and smartphone.  Please assist.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Andrew.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Nisa S Community Member

hi, 
how i can verify my phone nymber. I am see this type option can you help me

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Mekah,

Thank you for your message. You no longer need to verify your phone number.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Camille I Community Member

Hi,

I'm about to finish up setting my new account but I'm unable to verify my phone number.  I enter my number and it never proceeds onward from that screen or sends me a text message.  I am in the USA and have tried putting a "1" in front of mobile number, but nothing. I'm not able to continue without it. Please assist. Can you verify my phone number?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Camille,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Jason M Community Member

Can you verify my phone number

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members