🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How can i recover a deleted account?
Page options
a5553583
Community Member

How can i recover a deleted account?

I deleted an account by accident with lots of connects. How can I recover it? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

88 REPLIES 88
sbilu131521
Community Member

Hi Runjie,

First go to the link
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?flash_digest=7245852e318a41a2c7b63d75166872ecce9db67a

and at the bottom, there is a section called, "Contact us". Click on "Get Help".  Now a new window will open. Select "I am a freelancer" and type your problem in the description box. 

Then click on "Ask question". Scroll down to the last and click on "Contact Support".

Then select "Account Information" and "Close my account" from the consequent pop-ups and click on "Continue"

Click on the "Email" option and mail your problem details with your Upwork User Id. Upwork contact will contact you back and they will solve the issue.

I once did the same mistake and after informing them, they restore my account again. It took 2 days in my case.

Hope this will help

Thanks
Sagar 

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Runjie,

Apart from what Sagar suggested, you can also send me a private message with your account information and I'll assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I was deleted my account for username changes but now its not getting verified please help me to recover my old account **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Thx

Hi Umair,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I mistakenly deleted my account it was a whole new fresh account. No projects taken, no payment issues and now I want to recover my account as I cant make another one on same email. So kindly do recover my deleted account ASAP.

Below is the pic what is says.

Hi Waleed,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

You should be able to send messages as soon as you become an Active Member.

~Andrea
Upwork
f2ab1c76
Community Member

Upwork deleted my profile - it wouldn't let me login after changing my password last night. Today, my profile is entirely gone and I had to start over with the email address I used previously. I'm afraid it's going to get me banned, but there's no other way to contat anyone in the forum without a way to login. 

I have no idea what I did wrong. Can anyone please help?

Hi Yolanda,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

My Id also got deleted and I am not able to send PM to you

Hi Husen,

You should be able to send private messages now that you're an Active Member. Feel free to send me a message and I'll be happy to help!

~Andrea
Upwork

I was deleted my account for username changes but now its not getting verified please help me to recover my old account 

Thx

Let me have one of our agent reach out to you directly, Sudarshan. They'll ask you for more information about the account you're referring to and further assist. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

May I please get assistance to recover my account?

Hi Liezel,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Aleksandar. I am sorry to text here. Last day I got a message from Upwork. It was "your account has been suspended". So, I saw a youtube video and read some articles. I had two accounts on the same mail. One for the seller and one for the client. Then I think this is for two accounts. And I went to delete the client account when I deleted it then I can't log in to my Upwork account. There has no account in this mail. It was a verified account I did complete jobs on this account can you help me, please? My profile mail was khalidks306@gmail.com.

Regards

Khalid Saifullah

6293cbb9
Community Member

May I please get assistant here too I have recently deteled an upwork account I am hoping to recover

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Could you please click on my name and send me a private message so that I can assist you further with your concern? 

I'll wait for your message. 

~ Avery
Upwork
4de93477
Community Member

Please help me i recently accidentally deleted my account I want to recover it. help me please

Hi Saugat,

Please send me a PM with the details of the account you're referring to so I can check.

~ Joanne
Upwork
57975e71
Community Member

Can you please help me also? I deleted my account but I want to recover it.

Hi Uldis,

I can see you've sent me a private message with more information, I will assist you there!

~Andrea
Upwork
0653b620
Community Member

Hello , I am also facing the similar issue. Please help me.

Hi Nitin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am dealing with the same issue. I was trying to delete my old account so I could use my phone number with my new account and accidentally deleted my new account, and I think the old one too. 

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that there's been a mix-up with your account. I can see that there's already a support ticket created with your concern. Please check here or your email for further details and assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I was creating an account with my new work email address and I ended up deleting the wrong account. Now I cannot sign in because it says my email is invalid but when I try to create a new account it says my email is in use. Please help! It's the only email address I have for my agency.

Thanks!

2f081ceb
Community Member

Hi, I accidentally deleted my account. Could you help me to recover it?

Hi Anton, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
e65bd576
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

My old oDesk account is not accessible through Upwork.  I'm not able to use the email or mobile telephone number associated with that account.  I created a throw-away account to make this request.

Can you please help me reactivate that account or allow me to use the old email and mobile number for a new account?  Thank you in advance.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need help with? 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
33ebd650
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

My old account is not accessible through Upwork.  I'm not able to use the email or mobile telephone number associated with that account.  I created a throw-away account to make this request.

Can you please help me reactivate that account or allow me to use the old email and mobile number for a new account?  Thank you in advance.

Hi Deep,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
33ebd650
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I've shared the details with you on PM, could you please check 

Thanks
Deep

9d75c50e
Community Member

Is there anyone who can help me out? I also closed my account couple of weeks ago but I want to restore it. It's under the same name

Hi Karl,

I received your PM and will continue to assist you there.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
9d75c50e
Community Member

Thank you!

49f48591
Community Member

I deactivated my account sometime ago since I was not using it, but now I don't know how to get it back. Please help me reactivate my old account.

Hi Reen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ac48cc7f
Community Member

I wanted to remove my client account only because i make the wrong account type, but now i cant login at all. The email used for the account is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. How do i get my freelance account back?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members