🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I block an unresponsive and pressurizi...
Page options
sreemoyee23
Community Member

How do I block an unresponsive and pressurizing client with whom I have a contract?

The client I am currently working under is pressurizing me mentally and is disapproving anything I'm doing. I'd like to end the contract and block him. I didn't finish any milestone yet and he didn't pay me. Will his feedback still appear in my profile? Will I not be able to block him?
2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Will his feedback still appear in my profile?"

If you close a contract without being paid anything, then it will be impossible for the client's feedback to appear on our profile page.

re: "Will I not be able to block him?"

You can always block another Upwork user, regardless of contract status.

If you want to block this client, then go ahead and do so. There is nothing he can do about it.

You may indeed close the contract, as long as you are willing to accept the negative impact (on your JSS) of having a zero-pay contract.

robin_hyman
Community Member

Sreemoyee B wrote:
The client I am currently working under is pressurizing me mentally and is disapproving anything I'm doing. I'd like to end the contract and block him. I didn't finish any milestone yet and he didn't pay me. Will his feedback still appear in my profile? Will I not be able to block him?

This doesn't sound like it will end with a positive review. I would end the contract and let the client know WHY. It's important he understands what he's doing is wrong. Of course, you don't HAVE to let him know. It's your right to end the contract at any time for any reason. 

Your JSS will be impacted, but you will have peace of mind. Determine which one is worth more. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members