🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do i get free connect?
Page options
b390a0d2
Community Member

How do i get free connect?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aoussie
Community Member

Hello Luigi,
Had a question. I applied for a job and the job got closed without the client hiring anyone. I did not get any refund of connets as yet. Can you please shed some light on this matter.
Thank you,

Aoussie.

View solution in original post

68 REPLIES 68
08889d7a
Community Member

I buy this membership plus but when this plus expired then I am using this connection. I want to know, membership connect is the limit one month or no limit kindly response 

Hi Rubel,

Thank you for your message. When you upgrade to a Freelancer Plus plan for $14.99 USD a month. If you're referring to the expiration of Connects, they expire one year from the date of issue. However, you can only roll over 200 Connects per billing cycle (agencies can roll over as many as 400). Feel free to check this help article for more details when upgrading your plan to Freelancer Plus.

~ Arjay
Upwork
08889d7a
Community Member

thank you for your good answer

6b4910b0
Community Member

Hi,

Dear upwork team iam new in upwork platform. i just saw one job post and hurry to apply unfortunately it asks a connect. So dear team upwork how can i get free connects pls?

Hi Fanel,

You receive 10 free Connects each month from your current membership. In addition, there are various ways in which you can earn more Connects:

• You’ll receive 30 free Connects if you earn a Rising Talent badge
  • You’ll receive free Connects (the number can vary) when you win an interview with an established client on Upwork. (To prevent gaming, we aren’t sharing all the details of what we consider “established.” In general, it’s a client who has hired and spent on Upwork in the past.)
  • You’ll get a one-time Connects bonus if you complete an Upwork Skill Certification

Hope this helps!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
35582a7e
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team,

How i can purchase connects from upwork, Please let me know thanks.

Hi Fahad,

I would be happy to help. Connects cost $0.15 (USD) each and are sold in bundles of 10, 20, 40, 60, and 80. Agencies can also purchase bundles of 150 or 300, if their balance allows. To purchase additional Connects:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Memberships & Connects
  3. Click Add More Connects

Once you’ve selected the bundle you wish to purchase, click Add Connects and your account will automatically be charged. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
648d778e
Community Member

Hello,
Hello, I am new to the Upwork platform. A job posting caught my eye and I hurried to apply, but unfortunately, it required a connection. Could you please let me know how I can get free connections?

Hi John,

Thank you for your message. Each month, freelancers receive free Connects to help reach out to more clients. Freelancer Basic accounts receive 10 free Connects each month, and Freelancer Plus accounts receive 70 Connects each month (including 10 FREE!). 

In addition, there are various ways in which you can earn more Connects:

• You’ll receive free Connects (the number can vary) when you win an interview with an established client on Upwork. (To prevent gaming, we aren’t sharing all the details of what we consider “established.” In general, it’s a client who has hired and spent on Upwork in the past.)
  • You’ll get a one-time Connects bonus if you complete an Upwork Skill Certification

You may want to check this help article to better understand how Connects works.

~ Arjay
Upwork
montaniosa
Community Member

Hi pls help me get connects. thanks!

Hi Natividad,

Thank you for your message. You receive ten free Connects every month at the beginning of your billing cycle and bonuses for every interview you win. We will send you a notification in Upwork (notification bell) and an email when you earn free Connects. For more information on how this works, check out our guide here.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
b2328fae
Community Member

pleas  explian how  to get free

Hi Musa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Each month, freelancers receive 10 free Connects to help reach out to more clients. Here are other ways you earn free Connects:

• You’ll receive 40 free Connects when you register for Upwork for the first time

You can check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi,

I did not get Connects when I register for Upwork for the first time. so what I do now?

Hi Samreen,

You’ll get a free batch of 50 initial Connects within 48 hours of submitting your profile to join Upwork. If you do not receive your Connects after that time, you may reach out to us again so we can assist you further. If you’d like to get access to these 50 Connects faster, you can add a billing method. Once we verify your billing details, your Connects will appear in your Upwork account. Learn more about Connects here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
17fee18c
Community Member

Hi please how do I get free connects after the registering getting an interview and the likes cos I have gone throught those stages now I'm out of connects

Hi Chiedozie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Each month, freelancers receive 10 free Connects to help reach out to more clients. Here are other ways you earn free Connects:

• You’ll receive 40 free Connects when you register for Upwork for the first time

You can check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
7f1ec5a4
Community Member

Yes

f904816c
Community Member

Hi all

I'm new here, I'm trying to figure out how to get connects.

Hello Elizabeth,

If you're referring to free Connects, you get ten free Connects every month at the beginning of your billing cycle. You’ll also receive 30 free Connects if you earn a Rising Talent badge.

If you want to buy Connects,  go to Settings > Membership & Connects and click on the green 'Add More Connects' button. From there, select the amount to buy and click on the 'Buy Connects' button. Please note, that if you have sufficient funds on your Upwork balance, the charge will be applied to your Upwork balance. If not, the full amount will be charged to your primary billing method. You can check out this help article for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
aoussie
Community Member

Hello Luigi,
Had a question. I applied for a job and the job got closed without the client hiring anyone. I did not get any refund of connets as yet. Can you please shed some light on this matter.
Thank you,

Aoussie.

Hi Aoussie,

In the following cases, Connects are returned to you:

• If a project is canceled by the client before a contract is made, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If we remove a project’s post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned.

If you have applied for a job and it’s no longer available because of a violation or you used Connects on a job proposal that turns out to be fraud, we will return them. In these cases, Connects are credited back to your account for reuse — not for a refund of their cash value.

Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
erickoyuma
Community Member

I believe you can get a free connect by earning the raising badge, replying to a client (interviews), completing upwork skill certification or the free monthly connects I believe.

1866e772
Community Member

I believe you can get a free connect by earning the raising badge, replying to a client (interviews), completing upwork skill certification or the free monthly connects.

53a678e6
Community Member

How do I get free connect? I have so much experiences and I cannot apply because I need  connect ?? How is worked?

7171a8b7
Community Member

I have recently created my account on upwork, and i have not received any connects. How do I get connects. 

7171a8b7
Community Member

Hello! I have recently created my account on upwork, and i have not received any connects. How do I get connects. 

Hi Laureanis,

Welcome to Upwork! We now offer two convenient options for new freelancers to unlock job proposal submission privileges. Get on board with our Freelancer Plus membership plan for only $20 USD per month, or alternatively, purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. As an added bonus, upon successfully fulfilling this requirement, you'll also receive an extra 50 Connects entirely free of charge. Start your Upwork journey today and propel your freelance career to new heights!

- Pradeep

Upwork
95ee6a01
Community Member

How do i get free connect?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members