🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How is this allowed to be here still?
Page options
moonraker
Community Member

How is this allowed to be here still?

I don't think it’s hyperbolic to say this job post is the single worst thing I’ve seen on this (or any) platform and I've been doing this for 20+ years. It is hideous.          

mental.png

I have a link to the post for an admin.

I understand that Upwork can’t be everywhere, but I know of at least 4 other people who say they have complained. As have I – about 5/6 hours ago. But it’s still there. This is grotesque, dangerous and on Upwork’s part... irresponsible at best.

This is serious stuff guys, come on...

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi All, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would like to let you know that we shared your reports with our team and they already removed the job post and also took appropriate actions on the client's account. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
khushbu_gohil
Community Member

Yeah it's not polite way to hire...

"Not polite" is a huge understatement.

the-right-writer
Community Member

I doubt Upwork will remove it. As long as it is a legitimate job, they don't care.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to work for this nasty person, but there will be.

10-15 proposals.

I hope some of those are people spending some connects just to have a word.

Unfortunately, the proposals are probably filled with "I promise I won't ... before the job is done."

ArjayM

Hi Jamie,

We certainly understand your concern, and I agree that this needs to be taken care of immediately. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the link to the job post you're referring to? We'll share this with the appropriate team and take action accordingly if necessary. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fd1a3637
Community Member

Do a search. It took 10 seconds. It's still up. Its been up for 11 hours.

15 hours now. 

4 hours since Arjay said it would be taken care of 'immediately.'

Clearly, 'immediately' has a different meaning in Upwork land... 

Can you imagine if the freelancers behaved this way?

moonraker
Community Member

Sent, thanks.

fd1a3637
Community Member

This screen shot you posted will get removed for "Community Guidelines" before the actual posting gets taken down.

"the actual posting gets taken down."

Unlikely. It hasn't gone down yet. I don't think Upwork will remove it.

b7f6e583
Community Member

oh my....speaking of toxic working environments

Bring back the "Toxic Avenger"!

Troma Pictures c.1980

moonraker
Community Member

Still there.

I've never once complained about Upwork being uncaring as so many claim. I think few business do in a real sense - but this is beyond uncaring. It's callous.

That client is horrible, I agree, but what rule are they breaking? There's nothing in the ToS that says you have to be a nice person in order to post a job.

I can't think of a particular rule. I doubt there is one.

By there should be and the sheer callousness of this should be enough to exercise some common sense and edit the post at least. They've not even done that. This is dangerous to other people. I mean life-risking and that's no exaggeration. .

It's finally gone. 

As for a particular rule, surely it contravened the guidelines of communicating in 'professional language'?

NICE person!

My CC did not work at the local 1$ store. After many tries, the lady behind me offered her card to pay my $22 bill.

I asked for contavt info so I could send back the $$ - she politely said no and went about her day.  YES  there are nice people still in the world.......but getting harder to find!

What about the unwritten rule of "Basic human decency", I don't think it's appreciated in any culture to mock people who have passed on.

While it's morally reprehensible, laws are different.

This is not the first, nor the last person to make horrible, disgusting remarks.

So.... wow, we need A RULE for THIS?!

This is not the worst I have seen on Upwork. I won't say what it was, but there is no vetting of clients, so it's like a random chat room.

mrantivirus
Community Member

Oh my that is unfortunate. What kind of fool would write this job request?

Obviously one who also is too ignorant to speak well!

Remmember, 30% of the world has  no formal schooling!

The audacity.

Formal education is not the only way to learn. I could fill pages with so-called self-made individuals.

I encourage everyone to embrace learning. I hope I never stop learning new things, and I don't plan to stop.

The device most people hold in their hands can be connected to the web. There is a world of crap, and a world of amazingly helpful classes, diagrams, etc. to offer learning on almost any subject. There are schools that offer online courses for free or sliding scale. Libraries still exist, mentorships, apprenticeships, there are so many ways to learn, there is no excuse for the majority of people.

Of course, if you are living in a repressive society or in a war/conflict/police action/hell on earth, then everything changes.

2297e2bc
Community Member

Unfortunately THIS is the social media mania plaguing the WORLD!
It is also an dangerous ADDICTION!

What does this have to do with anything?

1a4ab68c
Community Member

I came across the job posting attached below which a client posted, which I will quote directly:

"The last developer DEAD because mental issue so he can't finish the work, but the work is almost done only simple fix on the UI.Please attach any of your related portfolio alongside with your github."

"*I am refuse to hire developer with mental issue that can end his life so easy like my last dev so include in the proposal that you are healthy"

I would personally and many other freelancers on the platform would agree that this should be a bannable offense. It is very distasteful, I have reported the job posting, but it still seems to be up.

I don't know the official policy.  Unofficial policy:  don't care as long as it rakes in connects.

Hi All, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would like to let you know that we shared your reports with our team and they already removed the job post and also took appropriate actions on the client's account. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members