🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to cancel or refund my fund from an error...
Page options
rutchielle
Community Member

How to cancel or refund my fund from an error transferring to local bank

Hi! I want someone to help me to fix this problem about transferring a fund that is not my account number. It was processed from October 11. The account that was being transferred is wrong and I want it to cancel. That's why I haven't received the amount in my bank account. Please reply or message me back. Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rutchielle Fae Z wrote:

I want to request a dispute since it was sent to the wrong account.

The funds will simply return to your Upwork account within a week or two,

There is no way to "dispute" or do anything else.

All you have to do is be patient.

In the unlikely even that the funds aren't back after a couple of weeks, you van contact support, but the funds will return automatically and there is nothing you need to or can do about it. There is also nothing Support can do about it at this stage.

Make sure you have the correct details entered, so this won't happen again.

Rutchielle Fae Z wrote:

I contacted my bank and they said, the one who transferred the account is liable.

No, you are. You added the wrong details, so you are responsible. All that can be done now is that you wait patiently. There is nothing to dispute. The return process is automatic. Just wait.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
04b3b57d
Community Member

Oh no! Payment is transferred already? Did you received email notification when your payment is processed? I hope no because I don’t think Upwork can do anything now. It was your choice to add that account number. This is just my guess, I may be wrong. Please contact Upwork support immediately for this issue.

Yes! It was being processed like last week. Not until I realize that the account I wrote was not my account number but my card number since it was a different number. I already contacted the support team but wasn't being active right now. 

Once I had similar issue and Upwork support said they can trace the payment (like where it sent to). But I’m not sure if they can’t get back or not from wrong account.

I want to request a dispute since it was sent to the wrong account. I contacted my bank and they said, the one who transferred the account is liable or can dispute it and they can't do about it.

Let’s see if Upwork able to bring it back and transfer it to right account. Please keep us updated.

Please, I'll wait for it. Is there any way that can message through a private chat to discuss this? Before it's too late.

, I remember it was only when I have to verify my identity and they talk to me live on a chat for video call. If you were top rated plus then you might receive premium support. Premium support got both live chat and phone call.
petra_r
Community Member

Rutchielle Fae Z wrote:

Thank you. I will patiently wait for it. It was been one week that was been processed. 

Give it time!

Rutchielle Fae Z wrote:

Is there any way that can message through a private chat to discuss this?

There is nothing to discuss and don't let Ammand panic you. 

Your funds will return to your Upwork completely automatically. Just relax and wait.

Rutchielle Fae Z wrote:

Before it's too late.

Too late for what? The money isn't lost. It' in the banking system and will come back. It just takes time.

Ammad wrote: I remember it was only when I have to verify my identity and they talk to me live on a chat for video call. If you were top rated plus then you might receive premium support. Premium support got both live chat and phone call.

What in the world does this have to do with ID verification? Or top rated plus? Which she isn't? None of that is even faintly relevant?

She doesn't need any support. Support can't do anything. The funds will work their way back to her account automatically. It just takes as long as it takes. You are just confusing the matter.

Rutchielle Fae Z wrote:

I want to request a dispute since it was sent to the wrong account.

The funds will simply return to your Upwork account within a week or two,

There is no way to "dispute" or do anything else.

All you have to do is be patient.

In the unlikely even that the funds aren't back after a couple of weeks, you van contact support, but the funds will return automatically and there is nothing you need to or can do about it. There is also nothing Support can do about it at this stage.

Make sure you have the correct details entered, so this won't happen again.

Rutchielle Fae Z wrote:

I contacted my bank and they said, the one who transferred the account is liable.

No, you are. You added the wrong details, so you are responsible. All that can be done now is that you wait patiently. There is nothing to dispute. The return process is automatic. Just wait.

Thank you. I will patiently wait for it. It was been one week that was been processed. 

Did you receive it back in your account ?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members