🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to setup Google Hangout after invokin...
Page options
naseeam
Community Member

How to setup Google Hangout after invoking link?

Client has sent me Google Hangout link for an interview.  I have never used Google Hangout before.  Do I need to setup call after clicking the link?  If yes, what setup is needed?

How to get comfortable in using Google Hangouts?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What should you do now?

Block them in your email tool. Block them in the Upwork messaging tool. Block them so they can never communicate with them again.

Use the "Flag as inappropriate" tool located in the top right hand corner of the job posting.

That's it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
robin_hyman
Community Member

Amer,

This is the Upwork community, not Google Hangouts' tutorial.  You need to do some research on your own.

Try this article first: https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-use-google-hangouts

prestonhunter
Community Member

And remember that 99.9% of the time:

When an entry level/newbie freelancer receives an invite to do an interview via Google Hangouts, it is a scam. There is no real job and the "client" just wants to steal money from your bank account.

Amer: This doesn't necessarily apply to you. But be careful.

>> it is a scam

Thank you very much for letting me know.

Today, client asked my email address so they can send me information for second interview.

In the email, they are asking for my phone number, bank account information to pay me for my time spent in second interview.

I'm not suppose to provide them with my email address, phone number, and bank account information?  Everything should be done through upwork?

How should I response to their email?  They're asking for my phone number(required) and bank account information?

How do I find out if this is real job or not?

Don’t respond to the email. It is a scam. Never give out your bank information!!!!

re: "How do I find out if this is real job or not?"

Oh, it is a real job all right. A real con job. And you're the mark.

If you gave him your bank account info, he would steal your money,.

If he didn't steal your money and sent you money, you would have your Upwork account terminated if you were caught. You could have your Upwork account investigated or suspended just for TALKING about accepting a direct bank transfer from a client.

What should you do now?

Block them in your email tool. Block them in the Upwork messaging tool. Block them so they can never communicate with them again.

Use the "Flag as inappropriate" tool located in the top right hand corner of the job posting.

That's it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members