🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am exhausted and sick of this
Page options
4695e8e3
Community Member

I am exhausted and sick of this

I need to be paid the funds are in escrow I can't choose paid immediately and my date to be automatically paid is today I am literally exhausted and tired of this. I'm thinking I may move my freelancing services to another one that isn't so costly and I'm not plagued with scam clients, like **Edited for Community Guidelineswho charge no commissions and vet their clients. I literally have some of the top in demand skills at an enterprise level and yet while I wait to be paid by Upwork much less than my usual rate I' have no groceries rent is up 40% in nyc  and I can't actually get a human person to chat with does anyone know of how to actually make that happen? 

30 REPLIES 30
JoanneP

Hi Alfreda,

I checked your account and it looks like your funds are currently pending. Please know that funds become available 5 days after the payment is successfully processed. If you go to your Transaction History page, you will see the date as to when the funds will be available for you to withdraw. I encourage you to read this help article to learn more about the Weekly Billing Cycle. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
4695e8e3
Community Member

Listen my preferred method is instant pay the original date on it said
todays date I want to be paid today or I am
Cancelling my account my card bank and Id are verified I want my money your
company has no reason to hold it I have no money for groceries or to pay
bills I want my
Money and I want it today

Hi Alfreda,

Thank you for your message. As confirmed by Joanne, all logged hours on Hourly contracts are processed as per the Upwork weekly billing cycle. You can check your payment status on the Report page. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
4695e8e3
Community Member

Dear Upwork employee 

the transaction prior to today had todays date on it I demand you pay me now everything on my profile is verified and my preferred method is instant pay I'm not new to Upwork just rejoined to see if things had gotten. Better.  Shocker they haven't and I need to be paid today or I will cancel profile on don't need the work here I work for a conglomerate that needs freelancers often and had your company been reliable I may have spoken to the US VP  whom I report directly to about becoming a client but thus far it seems it would be an enormous mistake 

Also, you seem sort desperate for funds for someone who doesn't need the work. 

Mixed messaging

It also has very huge "my dad owns Microsoft" vibes....

martina_plaschka
Community Member

There are people that earned millions on upwork, some have hourly rates of 300/hour, so it's definitely possible to be very successful. Just don't expect upwork to hold your hand, that's not going to happen. You are a business owner, not an employee lounging around the water cooler, you know. 

Alfreda L wrote:

On top of that you **Edited for Community Guidelines*call yourself a guru ? Cultural appropriation at its finest 

From which culture, pray tell!

joostdoevelaar
Community Member

I guess I understand the frustration, but don't get where the anger comes from.

Does Upwork charge too much in my opinion?

Yes

Does the 5 day processing suck?

Yes

But at the same time you are allowed to go anywhere else, instead of talking about it why not just move away from here altogether? Upwork isn't my sole source of income but I guess if it were, I'd make sure to diversify my options. 

4695e8e3
Community Member

I'm just tired of Upwork and it's lack of transparency my options are fine what's hilarious is your brown nosing do you think it's going to help you? What's going yo be fun is when I post all these screenshots online and speak to the Upwork board of directors..... again. I'm mostly angry with myself for giving this platform another change briefly in between gigs . Because in the past Upwork and its employees as you can see above from **Edited for Community Guidelines** and can't stop complaining **Edited for Community Guidelines** are not so awesome. I've had their clients abuse me verbally with sexist anti semiotic comments and their employees participate in the facilitation of identity theft on this very platform to the point in which I had saved conversations on their live chat feature to which one employee kept repeating what I was typing when I asked why are you repeating everything I am saying he responded "I am trying to confuse you " so as I do work for an enterprise corp and am a memeber of **Edited for Community Guidelines*a community that not only vets all its clients but also takes ZERO commison from freelancers mainly I should have known better

**Edited for Community Guidelines**. If you your . skillset  was good enough then you would  understand my frustrations some places don't deserve second chances 

Alfreda L wrote:

I'm just tired of Upwork and it's lack of transparency my options are fine what's hilarious is your brown nosing do you think it's going to help you? What's going yo be fun is when I post all these screenshots online and speak to the Upwork board of directors..... again. I'm mostly angry with myself for giving this platform another change briefly in between gigs . Because in the past Upwork and its employees as you can see above from **Edited for Community Guidelines** and can't stop complaining **Edited for Community Guidelines** are not so awesome. I've had their clients abuse me verbally with sexist anti semiotic comments and their employees participate in the facilitation of identity theft on this very platform to the point in which I had saved conversations on their live chat feature to which one employee kept repeating what I was typing when I asked why are you repeating everything I am saying he responded "I am trying to confuse you " so as I do work for an enterprise corp and am a memeber of **Edited for Community Guidelines*a community that not only vets all its clients but also takes ZERO commison from freelancers mainly I should have known better **Edited for Community Guidelines**. If you your . skillset  was good enough then you would  understand my frustrations some places don't deserve second chances 

LOL they are just waiting to talk to you. 

NikolaS

Hi Alfreda,

I would like to clarify that your funds are currently under Review. This represents hours logged last week that are now under review by your clients. Your clients receive their invoices on Monday and are given until Friday to review the work. Your earnings become available on the following Wednesday.

One of our agents already reached out to you and shared additional information. If you have further questions or if you need further assistance please feel free to follow up with them and they will be happy to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Alfreda L wrote:

That's cute customer service girl. You mean that one freelancer you claim made that much ? 
ive been using this platform on and off for years I know this your own con workers have urged me to apply to clients they knew were scams I know that another co worker showed me examples of listings that are likely scams and that I should. Not reply to , and my response was well if you know they are scams WHY POST THEM why don't you guys vet the clients the same way you do freelancers ? Could it be that would cut into your profits and the massive amount of exploitation of freelancers that goes on in this platform ? Nooo not at all! Right ? There is no community here and the fact that you speak to people like this publicly shows how little respect your entire organization has for its freelancers ! Beleive it or not we are the reason you have your entry level job the fact is you can't gaslight me into knowing what I know my payment was supposed to be deposited today and it wasn't you hold onto funds longer so you can do whatever with them and then you release my money that I earned after you've taken a significant cut as if you're doing ME a favor 

Girl, what's with the anger directed at low level service girls? Maybe find a better outlet for that!

Thing is, I'm neither low level, nor CS, nor a girl. You were wrong on all counts! 

Actually I'm a freelancer just like yourself! Fancy that!

Maybe you educate yourself better before making unfounded accusations. Simply knowing who you are talking to would be a great start. Jeez, I'm sorry for all the clients that had the misfortune of working with you. Poor sods. 

Edit: I see it's only one client. Awww.... Poor sod, then. Singular. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Alfreda L wrote:

ive been using this platform on and off for years

yet you only have one single contract

There is no community here and the fact that you speak to people like this publicly shows how little respect your entire organization has for its freelancers !

I speak for myself only, but respect gotta be earned, girl!

roberty1y
Community Member

This makes a welcome change from all the scammer threads.

Robert Y wrote:

This makes a welcome change from all the scammer threads.

I couldn't agree more. Please be aware of your guru-ness and act accordingly!

No! Scammer threads rule!

Peter G wrote:

No! Scammer threads rule!

Sorry Peter. We need some laughs in between the scammy stuff. 

Martina P wrote:

Sorry Peter. We need some laughs in between the scammy stuff. 

This was entertaining to read, thank you! 😅

roberty1y
Community Member

I say it to myself as soon as I wake up every morning: "I must act like a guru every minute of the day".

That's a lot to live up to!

moonraker
Community Member

Cultural appropriation? Looooolz.

Does this mean we need to stop guruing?

Jamie F wrote:

I mean - you can't. Once a guru, you can't be un-gurued. You are a guru for life. It's in your DNA and your children will inherit at least a little bit of guru-ness. Or maybe they have to start as a frequent visitor, who knows. I wish upwork would be clearer about how that works. 

These hereditary jobs don't work out well. Ask Prince Charles.

Robert Y wrote:

These hereditary jobs don't work out well. Ask Prince Charles.

LOL yep that's gotta be tough. 

Martina P wrote:

Jamie F wrote:

It's in your DNA and your children will inherit at least a little bit of guru-ness.

Will they ever forgive me?

Jamie F wrote:

ill they ever forgive me?

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔NO!

Jamie F wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Jamie F wrote:

It's in your DNA and your children will inherit at least a little bit of guru-ness.

Will they ever forgive me?

I dunno, it depends. How old are your kids, sorry, what level are they at?  Have they graduated from Frequent Visitor to Active Member yet, or are they already at Ace Contributor? 

They think they're mods already.

pgiambalvo
Community Member

On the date it says the money is available, I can go in and click instant pay after 6 PM PST, and it instantly shows up in my bank account. Can't do it before that time even though the date says today. And that's just the way it goes.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members