🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I can't get a job or response
Page options
e267e8ca
Community Member

I can't get a job or response

I'm a new freelancer and I have sent out 18 proposals to potential jobs and I haven't gotten a single response.. No hires no interviews, nothing.   

I got 3 responses in which they only told me to contact them outside of upwork which did not feel safe because they didn't tell me anything else, about the job or them... 

I have zero views on my profile, no hires, no interviews and no responses.. Someone please help me 😞

7 REPLIES 7
frfn
Community Member

Try to offer half a price, I think it can (possibly) mark you from the crowd

e267e8ca
Community Member

I tried that as well.. I checked my stats and my proposals aren't even being viewed.. 

Hi, Umm 

Your profile doesn't even have a portfolio so I would sauggest adding some examples of what you can do for starters

I've never really done any official work i don't know how i could make a portfolio... 

the-right-writer
Community Member

I'm not trying to be mean, but if your proposals are of the same quality you show in your profile, it is unlikely you will be hired. You state you are fluent in English, but you are not. There are numerous spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors in your profile. You list yourself as a "Creative Essayist." I have never seen this listed on Upwork as a skill, but I have seen the website and FB group with the same name.

I understand the desire to appeal to a wider audience, but when you are dishonest about your skills, it makes clients angry, and they can dispute your work if you misrepresent yourself and your skills. Focus on what you know and do well if you want to succeed.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

You have no portfolio. 

rbs764
Community Member

Hi! If you're having any challenges with job searching or landing clients, here are a few job search best practices I'd consider: - Determine what support system you have in place to help you be effective throughout your job search -- Most people feel they have to go it alone and end up guessing where to spend their time versus leveraging a coach, mentor, peer or other tools and resources to be strategic - Most importantly is understanding how/where to spend your time wisely -- its not all about the online apps but networking is a critical component, as well as balancing some time for other key activities in job search (virtual events, thought leadership, research, reflection, etc) - Determine your accountability plan to make sure you're staying on top of your goals & staying organized - Reflect on how things are going on a weekly basis to iterate & improve your approach and thus your outcomes -Be sure not to approach the job in a transactional, check-the-box sort of way -- see networking and interviews as a mirror into the job you would land and an opportunity for two-way assessment of fit - Consider how many roles/industries you're applying to-- this may be a sign that you'd want to take a step back and pursue career exploration to clarify your ideal fit direction; career clarity will help make your search more efficient, targeted, and effective - Don't ignore your self care to ensure your mindset is staying resilient during your search BTW,**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members