🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I dont receive invites or interviews
Page options
ghanvahussain
Community Member

I dont receive invites or interviews

Hi,

I'm in a tricky situation because I'm not sure if my proposals are visible to the client. 

I've been working on Upwork for the past two months and have received roughly two reviews with a perfect score a few weeks ago. Every day, I apply to 2 to 3 jobs that seem to fit my experience (I am a content writer with 5 years of experience outside of Upwork..my experience is clearly stated in my profile and cover letter, and I usually add at least 4 links to my work on the cover letter).

It began around two weeks ago when I stopped obtaining any interviews, even for jobs where the entry stated that there would be less than five candidates (and 4 interviews already happened). It appears that I am the only one who has been forgotten. Yes, we would generally assume that the client was uninterested in my profile (because it is the client's choice whom they want to deal with). When that happened three or four times, though, it became a problem. I began to suspect that my proposal was not even visible to the client, and my best guess is that it is. Is something similar to that happening here? If so, what can I do about it...

So far, I have 0 account holds, and I work on Upwork for over 10 hours every day. I'm not complaining; I just want to know what's going on.
Please assist me with this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

All proposals are visible to the client.

You are in a hugely competetive oversaturated niche. Make your profile stand out more. First you talk about yourself in the third person (I always find that a bit off-putting, but that's my personal taste), then you switch to first person. Work some more on your profile. Your words are your most important asset, and you don't utilize that fact to your advantage. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

All proposals are visible to the client.

You are in a hugely competetive oversaturated niche. Make your profile stand out more. First you talk about yourself in the third person (I always find that a bit off-putting, but that's my personal taste), then you switch to first person. Work some more on your profile. Your words are your most important asset, and you don't utilize that fact to your advantage. 

Then why do I dont receive invites or interviews?

Ghanva A wrote:

Then why do I dont receive invites or interviews?

Because you have enormous competition and your profile needs improvement. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members