🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I have a funded milestone but Upwork still se...
Page options
shekay
Community Member

I have a funded milestone but Upwork still set my account to private

Hi all,

I just got an email telling me my account is set to private due to they noticed me have not been working through Upwork lately. But that's not true. I am hired and working for a client and have $ funded on a milestone. In the meantime I have received 2 interviews and scheduled a chat with clients. So these won't count? Funded milestones won't count?

Thank you very much.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sergio-soria
Community Member

Right. It won't count. "Working through Upwork" implies that you are receiving money and therefore giving Upwork their slice. So your profile will stay private until the milestone is paid and funds are cleared.

But unless they changed their policies you can also ask Upwork personnel to switch your profile public manually, even if you are not earning money.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Shekay H wrote:

I just got an email telling me my account is set to private due to they noticed me have not been working through Upwork lately. But that's not true. I am hired and working for a client and have $ funded on a milestone. In the meantime I have received 2 interviews and scheduled a chat with clients. So these won't count? Funded milestones won't count?

No, only actual earnings count.

Just ask for it to be set to public again!

sergio-soria
Community Member

Right. It won't count. "Working through Upwork" implies that you are receiving money and therefore giving Upwork their slice. So your profile will stay private until the milestone is paid and funds are cleared.

But unless they changed their policies you can also ask Upwork personnel to switch your profile public manually, even if you are not earning money.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members