🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I have finished an hourly contract, how can I...
Page options
Community Member

I have finished an hourly contract, how can I get paid?

Hello,
This is my very first contract work on Upwork and also my client's first time using the platform so we are both confused!
I put a proposal for a contract and added my hourly rate.
Client needed more work than the contract so we agreed on 7 hours of work
I completed the project and delivered the content but I had no idea I was supposed to track hours in the desktop application.
So now, I really don't know how I am supposed to get paid and my client doesn't know how to pay me!
I have downloaded the desktop app but I don't see the options to add hours for a project (attached screenshot - added blue boxes to hide my client's info).
Could someone please guide me here? I have read different help articles and watched videos but not sure what I am supposed to do.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
spectralua
Community Member

Ask client to use "add bonus" option. It is easiest way.

Next time read rules before started.

PradeepH

Hi Nima,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I do not see any active or ended contract with the client you are referring to. Please know that it is important to accept a contract on Upwork from the client before you initiate and submit work. Please request your client to click the Hire button on your Upwork profile and send an offer to you as per your agreement. Once you have an offer, please review the terms and accept to start the contract. After your contract is active, you will have the option to add manual time for the work or request the client to add a bonus directly. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your response. I would like to learn the process better to not have problems like this in the future. Is there like a documentation or video tutorial that would walk me through the process of biddable projects from start to finish from a freelancer's point of view?
To be honest, I was expecting some information to show up to guide me through the process as a new user of the site.
This client's work was a project that I placed bid and a proposal, client started chatting with me and mentioned she is interested in my services. So we kept chatting about how long it would take me to complete the project and then I delivered it.
Could you please guide me on how to accept a contract? I didn't see that option once the client chose my proposal.
Once this step is done, yes for sure, I will ask the client to click on the Hire button on my profile then I will accept the contract.

Thanks again

Hi Nima,

Arjay here stepping in for Pradeep. We certainly understand how disappointing your previous experience was. Since you're fairly new to the platform, starting with the basics is best. Below you'll find a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. Good

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members