🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I haven't received any invitations since I jo...
Page options
ahmadel
Community Member

I haven't received any invitations since I joined Upwork

I started using Upwork in 2019, but I wasn't really active until April 2023. Since then, I haven't received any invitations for projects, and when I search for my name, I can't find my profile.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Most freelancers do not receive invitations; instead, most freelancers must send proposals to be invited to jobs.

With regards to your profile, searching by name is not very helpful because clients rarely search for freelancers by name. Clients usually search for freelancers by skill catetory and/or keywords.

The reason why you are unable to receive invites, and why your profile cannot be found in searches is because your profile is set to Private. Upwork changes freelancer profiles from public to private if you do not earn money on Upwork for a period of two years or more.

Set your profile to Public and it will eventually start showing in search results again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
celgins
Community Member

Most freelancers do not receive invitations; instead, most freelancers must send proposals to be invited to jobs.

With regards to your profile, searching by name is not very helpful because clients rarely search for freelancers by name. Clients usually search for freelancers by skill catetory and/or keywords.

The reason why you are unable to receive invites, and why your profile cannot be found in searches is because your profile is set to Private. Upwork changes freelancer profiles from public to private if you do not earn money on Upwork for a period of two years or more.

Set your profile to Public and it will eventually start showing in search results again.

spxpert
Community Member

Ahmed, the world doesn't know if you are available for work. On Upwork you have to reach out to maximum number of clients to get noticed. 

make sure to have more number of proposals. That's the only key to success here.   And you have to deliver the best work in best possible price for the client.

Just put yourself in clients shoes and give them the best value for their every cents.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members