🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I'm exhausted with the client
Page options
bovalexxx
Community Member

I'm exhausted with the client

Hi. I'm a new on Upwork, but had two success jobs here. Three weeks ago I trapped into a big problem when I applied to a job and accepted a contract here. The client is rude with me. He wants me to do what we didn't discuss and what I did not applied for. He really wants a lot and does not pay well. I am exhausted. I done really a lot. These constant changes he require again and again. What can I do to deal with it? How to close the project safely? I always try to work hard and do the things right, you can ask my previous client. But this is just not I was looking for(but it seemed to be at the beginning). Project if fixed price, client is from India.

2 REPLIES 2
jr-translation
Community Member

Alex B wrote:

Hi. I'm a new on Upwork, but had two success jobs here. Three weeks ago I trapped into a big problem when I applied to a job and accepted a contract here. The client is rude with me. Does he insult you? You can report messages you received through Upwork by hovering on the right side of the massages and then select the clog wheel. He wants me to do what we didn't discuss and what I did not applied for. He really wants a lot and does not pay well. The pay is irrelevant since you were fine with it when you entered the contract. I am exhausted. I done really a lot. These constant changes he require again and again. What can I do to deal with it? Tell the client politely that he needs to create and fund more milestones if he wants more work done than mentioned in the initial milestone. How to close the project safely? Like any other contract. You can close any contract at any time. You never know how a client will rate you. But you can put an end to this situation by standing up as the free person you are as a freelancer. I always try to work hard and do the things right, you can ask my previous client. But this is just not I was looking for(but it seemed to be at the beginning). Project if fixed price, client is from India. It is irrelevant where the client comes from.

lysis10
Community Member

When you see a contract going south, you have three options:

1) Work through it and figure out just how to get it done and hopefully get paid.

2) Tell them they are out of scope and it's time to pay. This will just wind up in a dispute.

3) Refund and bail.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members