🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I think I'm getting spam messages but can't s...
Page options
maher-hex
Community Member

I think I'm getting spam messages but can't stop them

I am constantly getting proposals the last 2 days from people with job title of **Edited for Community Guidelines**and they keep sending me contracts although I applied for 1 only and even that by mistake and now I can't stop all of them even though I marked one as spam

12 REPLIES 12
JoanneP

Hi Alisa, 

I would just like to confirm, do you mean you keep receiving the same notifications for new jobs? Could you please share more information about this so I can check this for you? You may also check your notification settings by going to Settings  Notification Settings and adjust it accordingly. Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Alisa, 

I would just like to confirm, do you mean you keep receiving the same notifications for new jobs? 

There is a bunch of spam job posts  with that title . One is even marked as an "Interesting Job"

Whatever the case is now they sent me another proposal under a different name of job and I hope you can solve it, I didn't decline nor accept the proposal so that the name is kept and perhaps can be blocked or their ip address or whatever

It's not from the same person, every time the same title but different people and I marked them as spam, yesterday obly I got 4 invitations or so for the job with the name I mentioned and I keep marking as spam but every time I decline one, I get a new proposal

Alisa Z wrote:
It's not from the same person

It's all the same person, all the jobs are from different client accounts but have the exact same text

marinatz
Community Member

Yup, i'm getting the same like each 2-3 days... Smiley Frustrated

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marina,

Thank you for flagging this for us. I was able to locate the jobs you're referring to and I'll be sure to escalate those to our team for further review. 

Please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I got a spam message now again and I don't know how you could block those people but I didn't do anything with the ptoposal yet if you can see somehow who sent me the proposal maybe you can block them since I didn't accept nor decline and now they changed the name

It has nothing to do with repeated notifications, it's one person or more people sending me proposals for a job I applied once and withdrew because I applied by mistake and now they send me many proposals daily
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Alisa,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team will review the client further and will take proper actions as soon as possible. Thank you for reporting this. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran

They sent me now Inew proposal, I left it untouched perhaps it helps to solve it faster
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members