🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I've been Top Rated for a month, why are the ...
Page options
studiovela
Community Member

I've been Top Rated for a month, why are the weeks not changing

I've gone back to sitting at a 90% Top Rated status for a month now (from 88% before) and the Top Rated weeks went from sitting at 5 weeks last month to 4 weeks all this month. Wouldn't that change at lease one week to start adding up again?

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All, 

I am happy to let you know that the specific issue that was causing discrepancies with Top Rated eligible weeks discussed on this thread has been fixed. We will be closing this thread from further replies. 

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

480 REPLIES 480

Anum A wrote:

Hello there!

I have been working as a contractor on Upwork for about 6 months , I got my rising talent badge very early and now my earnings are above 1k$ , also I have my top rated eligible weeks 16/16 since a week but my top rated badge has not been updated on my profile uptil now , is there anything that I am missing or is there any other criteria for Rising talent badge holders to become top rated? Experts please guide.

Thanks and regards

To become top rated, you need a JSS over 90%. You don't have a JSS.

Hello,

I have completed my 13 weeks Top rated eligible weeks today and it will be updated probably by UTC 00:00 hours tonight. I wanted to know if badge will appear on my profile within next 48 hours or it will be updated next week only when JSS gets updated.

Thanks,

Naresh

Hi Naresh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that neither our team here nor our Customer Support team will be able to provide the information you're requesting since we can't share the users' Top Rated qualification specifics. Once all the requirements are met, you'll receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

I am aware about Top rated specifics. I am asking if Top Rated badge is shown on profile on completion of 13 weeks provided all other criteria are met or have to wait till next week when JSS will get updated.

Regards,

Naresh

Naresh M wrote:

I am asking if Top Rated badge is shown on profile on completion of 13 weeks provided all other criteria are met or have to wait till next week when JSS will get updated.

Nikola answered that! Please do read!

Once all the requirements are met, you'll receive the badge within 48 hours.

Thank you Petra for highlighting that! I think I was reading between the lines.

My top Rated eligible weeks had been 12 of 16 for the last 3 months. I wonder what's happening, I think I'm already eligible for top-rated status. Some feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_75.png

Eligibility weeks are in sequence of 1 & 0. For example, 111111111110001 - would display 12/16 weeks eligible. As each week passes by, one number from the left drops, a new number from the right gets added. So in this example, next week would be 111111111100011 - would still display 12/16. And you would need to wait until the 0s get dropped off, in this case it would be 13 weeks ( around 3 months ) until you are top rated again. 

I am currently in the same pit. 🥴

???? Confused, didn't get it. But if you say so, thanks for the response.

1 is a week where you were eligible, 0 is a week where you were not. So if you were eligible for 12 weeks, then became not eligible for 4 weeks, your chain would be 1111111111110000. After this even if you became eligible again, the quantity of eligible weeks will remain the same, because a new eligible week will be added to the right, but an old eligible week would be removed from the left if that makes sense - and will result in no difference, like so:

After 1 new eligible week: 1111111111100001

After another 1 new eligible week: 1111111111000011

And so on, until finally it becomes 0001111111111111 and you'll see 13/16 weeks eligible and become top rated.

Hope I explained better this time, it is a confusing system.

Hello,

I have the 3 long term contracts and working well. Not sure why this week my elogible weeks is not increasing. It stuct at 11/16. Can someone explain this situation?

Thanks,

Tan

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tan,

The Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. You can find a helpful graphic about how this works here. Please keep in mind, if an eligible week falls out of your calculation and is replaced by another eligible week, you won't see an increase.

~Andrea
Upwork
2ea4dd1a
Community Member

Could you please tell me my correct situation why it is not increasing?

Regards

I recently check my "Top Rated eligible weeks" from my stat page. It is not increasing even though I have 100% JSS. It is now shown as 7 of 16. Can you tell me the reason for that?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Randil, 

For the number of eligible weeks to increase, your non-eligible weeks will need to be "pushed out" of the past 16-weeks. Once this happens, the number of eligible weeks will start growing, provided you meet the requirements. If a suitable week falls off the calculation each week, the total number of eligible weeks won't increase. You can find more information here

~ Avery
Upwork
8ec44015
Community Member

But my JSS was 100% all the time, and I had rising talent badge for about 2 weeks. You can check my account for more details.

Hey my job success score has been consistent from past 3-4 weeks ranging from 97-98% and still my top rated eligible count is showing 12/16 instead it should be 14/16. Can you please suggest and check what is the issue?

Vishal S wrote:

Hey my job success score has been consistent from past 3-4 weeks ranging from 97-98% and still my top rated eligible count is showing 12/16 instead it should be 14/16. Can you please suggest and check what is the issue?

You have 4 non-eligible weeks in your 16-week window (4 weeks when your JSS was below 90%). Those 4 weeks need to now move all the way through your 16-week window, and until the first of them falls out of the 16-week window, your eligible weeks can't go up because 16 minus 4 is always 12.

Altogether, with 4 non-eligible weeks in the window, the eligible week-count will stay at 12 out of 16 for 13 weeks.

eligible.jpg

Hey, my top rated eligible weeks count remains 12 of 16 from past 3-4 weeks. Not sure why it is not increasing as i have consistent jss of 97-98.

I'd like to know why my Top Rated eligible weeks haven't increased this week. My JSS never dropped below 90%. 

Hello, I have 100% job success score and I have 1000$+ earnings in past 12 months, My counter for eligible weeks went to 4 and stopped there, Already 3 weeks it's stuck on 4 eligible weeks. My JSS didn't drop below 100%. Why is this happening?

Hi Bobi,

Thank you for your message. Please note that in order for the eligible weeks to increase, you would have to meet the eligibility requirements each new week while non-eligible weeks fall off the calculation. Each Saturday we remove the week 17 weeks ago from the calculation and add the most recent week. Please check this help article for more information. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, 

Thanks for your explanation I really appreciate it. I know how Top Rated program works but I'm not sure why is my counter stopped at 4. I didn't had JSS or Rising Talent until end of Decembar. Then I recived a Rising Talent and my counter started counting weeks because I already had 1k+$ earnings, After 1 week I got my JSS and since that moment My JSS is 100%, Every week counter increased until 4, then it stopped, by now It should be 6 but it's 4. I'm not sute that requirment I don't meet, I have 1000$+, I have 100% completed profile, I have JSS 100% since the first eligble week. I have propusal, answers to interviews and earning in past 90 days, I don't have account holds.

Oh I received a support ticket from one of your agents, Thanks for the help, from now I think I should text with them. Thanks a lot!.

novaks
Community Member

Wait, are you saying that if you fall under 90% for just 2 weeks, you then have to wait another 16 weeks for your counters to start going up?

791dc88e
Community Member

If you fall under 90% then in two weeks go back again above 90% It will be stuck at 14 weeks if you had 16, but if you had lower number of eligible weeks it will count up to 14 then for some shorter period will be stuck there.

Hi, 

My JSS is 100% and my top rated eligibility weeks were increasing every saturday, but it stopped 2 weeks ago, even if I still have 100% JSS. 

I am wondering why this is happening, I have been working hard to get the badge for half a year and finally it was coming, Eligibility weeks stopped increasing.

Please let me know what caused this.

THANKS

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sabokhat, 

I checked your account and I can confirm that there is no issue with your Eligibility Weeks. For the number of eligible weeks to increase, your non-eligible weeks will need to be "pushed out" of the past 16-weeks. Once this happens, the number of eligible weeks will start growing, provided you meet the requirements. If a suitable week falls off the calculation each week, the total number of eligible weeks won't increase. You can find more information here.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,
My top rated eligible weeks have not been updated for two weeks now. By the start of those 2 weeks I  had 100% JSS. I still maintain 100% JSS.
Can anyone explain what is the reason for this?

Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dulith, 

I just checked and the calculation is accurate. For the number of eligible weeks to increase, your non-eligible weeks will need to be "pushed out" of the past 16-weeks. Once this happens, the number of eligible weeks will start growing, provided you meet the requirements. If a suitable week falls off the calculation each week, the total number of eligible weeks won't increase. You can find more information here.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,
Thank you for the explanation. Is it considered as a non-eligible week when the JSS is less than 90?
If so, I've maintained over 90+ JSS since the day the first top rated eligible week was shown on my stats.
My JSS have never dropped since then.

Hi Dulith,

Yes, you would need to maintain a JSS of 90% and above to increase your eligible weeks for Top rated badge. Any week with JSS less than 90% would be considered a non-eligible week.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

yes, I am facing the same issue, My JSS has been increasing constantly since I got 100% JSS, but I got stuck at week 10 even if my JSS has always been 100%, earnings>1k, no account holds for the last 6 months, recent activity within 3months

I wonder whether it is a system error if it is happening to many freelancers

I also had the same problem. I'm stuck in 3 weeks.

my jss 100%. I am stuck for 2 weeks

Hi Moinul,

To add eligible weeks you need to get your JSS above 90% and keep it there long enough for the ineligible weeks to start falling out of the 16-week window. Please check the graph included in this help article and refer to the information shared in the Calculating Top Rated Eligible Weeks section.

Update:

Moinul, I would just like to provide an update regarding your concern with your Top Rated Eligible Weeks. We have confirmed that this has been affected by a bug. Our team will work getting this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks for the confirmation, Joanne.

HI

I am aware that not eligible weeks will need to be eliminated during past 16 weeks in calculation of Top Rate Eligible weeks. But I have 90%+ JSS for last 4 months and there are no other issues during this time and I was getting constant increase in Top Rate eligible weeks which suddenly stopped for past 2 or 3 weeks. I have JSS below 90% 4 months ago but for last 4 months it was consistently above 90% and now it is 100%. 

Ineed to know what is the issue here?

I have the same problem. My top rated eligible weeks just stopped counting. I was contacted by support and told that it is a 'known' issue. However, they don't seem to know how to fix it as it has been like that for WEEEEEKS. At this point, I'm just tired and frustrated. I was below 90% for a long time, I finally worked hard to reach 90%, on my way to Top rated plus, and this happens. it isn't fair to us at all. It isn't.

Hi Abdul Rahman and Irfan,

Please know that the team is working to get this fix as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members