🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I was banned from this Community. Why?
Page options
debi-f
Community Member

I was banned from this Community. Why?

Hello, 

For the last week, I was banned from this Community. They didn't tell me why, but I guess that it was because I wrote here about the scam jobs and published the titles of some of those jobs.  

In fact, Upwork is FULL of scammers. It is difficult to find a real job. In fact, during the weekend, I flagged at least 30 scam jobs.  But, instead of blocking the scammers that are posting "jobs" all day long, Upwork blocked me, that I work here for the last 13 years.

Do you think that if you ban me, you solve the scammers' problem? They are the real problem, not me! I'm trying to do my job as a freelancer. I suggest you to do your job, make a reliable platform. 

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
debi-f
Community Member

I was banned for a week... I'm back after 1 week. 🙂

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
spectralua
Community Member

It was something else. 

I write here about scammers and criticize the inactivity of Upwork but they don’t ban me.

Something else, like trying to work? Or copying here the titles of the scam jobs?

Have no idea. Only moderator can answer you for sure. He\she can see your ban history with reasons.

tlsanders
Community Member

Probably referencing specific jobs, yes, since that is a TOS violation.

yofazza
Community Member

No messages from the moderators in this forum's inbox? I got them, warnings, explained which ToS I broke.

Perhaps the 'downsizing of employees' has also affected the moderators, forcing them to act like their fellows in the main site, where lack of explanation regarding bans appears to be the norm 😁

Did you do the job pasting  here often? Really no warnings at all?

tlsanders
Community Member

Wrong place. 

joansands
Community Member

If you were banned, how can you post a message here?

debi-f
Community Member

I was banned for a week... I'm back after 1 week. 🙂

Community Member

could you explame please, how did you resolve this community  restriction? i need to know it

Read Débora's post again. She was banned for week. Unbanned after week.

maybe she can do something special to reopen Community banned. That is my question : my friend 's community was banned also. If he do nothing, after one week it will open?

Your friend will have been told how long the ban was going to last. If it's permanent, no, they can't do anything about it. They can still contact support if they have a question, or join one of the many other online communities for freelancers.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Débora,

The Upwork Community allows interesting, thoughtful, and helpful conversation. As the Community Team, it’s our responsibility to ensure we’re fostering the best possible Community for all members. In your case, you've been advised and warned several times about the violation being committed when posting reports here in the Community.

With that said, we would appreciate it if the Guidelines were followed when posting in the Community because multiple guidelines violations may result in banning from posting in the Community. We highly suggest you read through our Community Guidelines and familiarize yourself with how Upwork Community works. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
debi-f
Community Member

I suggest the Upwork Team to spend your time searching scammers and warning them, and banning them...Don't waste your time banning me. The scammers are the problem, not me.

Please, be serious. 

Community Member

Hello, Mr. Arjay, how are you?

One of my freiend's Community Site was blocked. Could you share yor experience with me please? How can we unblock it? Pleasee share your full experience with me. We need to open it again.

Hi Shahriyar,

We cannot share information on another user's Community profile. If they were banned, please ask them to check their messages as moderators would give them progressive warnings for violating our Community Guidelines before they're banned from posting in the Community.

~ AJ
Upwork
m_terrazas
Community Member

If it has been because you post direct links to jobs and they have caught your attention several times, it is normal since it goes against the TOS.
I've been called about it, but I found out that you can put a link of a search. I have done it that way and there has been no problem.
So you can do that instead of going against the TOS again. You gain nothing by doing it any other way.

Community Member

hello, what did you do to break out the Community Restriction ?

debi-f
Community Member

Maybe referencing specific jobs, scam jobs. They don't tell you… just blocked.

I'd like to see that Upwork do the same with the scammers, but it doesn't happen. 

sofia2008
Community Member

A moderator mentionned you have been advised and warned many times about the violation being commited, how can you say «Maybe referencing... They don't tell you?»

Community Member

thank you very much for your respond. One of my freiend's Community Site was blocked. Could you share yor experience with me please? How did you unblock it? Did you contact with support to ask reopen yor Community or what did you do?or you did nothing and it reopend automaticly?  Pleasee share your full experience with me. 

debi-f
Community Member

Hi Shahriyar

In fact, I just waited. I didn't take it seriously. 

I just want Upwork to be again a good site, with professional clients, professional freelancers, many jobs, etc.

Regarding the explanations others give here about this topic and what did I say or do... it doesn't really matter. I didn't take seriously being banned.

Christine A., Sophie A.: Thank you! BUT, don't waste your time writing about the benefits of Upwork, or about me.  I work here for 13 years now. 

Have a nice weekend and a nice week! 😊

Débora F wrote:

Maybe referencing specific jobs, scam jobs. They don't tell you… just blocked.

I saw a moderator tell you that you're not allowed to post links to specific jobs and accuse them of being scams, and they also said that you'd been warned several times. I've also regularly seen your posts being censored when you include links. I don't see how you can claim that you didn't know it was against the forum rules?

Débora F wrote:

I'd like to see that Upwork do the same with the scammers, but it doesn't happen. 

What do you mean, it doesn't happen? Granted, Upwork is way too slow at removing scam job posts, IMO, but they do ban the scammers. The problem is that the scammers just keep coming back with different email addresses.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members