🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
5919cebc
Community Member

Hello I am Chamodi,

I Can't do Id verificaton please help me.

Thank You.

Hi Chamodi,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. Please note that it cannot be requested, the team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
d5cd3f75
Community Member

How do I get verified?

After completion of one or two jobs, you will recieve an interview mail. After that interview, you will get verified badge.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you.

Community Member

I don't see identity verification option in my settings.Screenshot 2021-12-25 105052.png

Sheikh M R wrote:

I don't see identity verification option in my settings.

Have you read the response Joanne Marie gave you?
When you have to verify your identity, you will receive a notice.
Until then, you don't have to do anything.

c423a248
Community Member

What are the requirements to get the blue badge? I always see the statement "do you're eligible"... What does that mean? Do I have to get my first job before I can be eligible?

How do I become eligible? Or I just wait to be contacted? 

Hi Derrick,

I would like to clarify that only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I got 404 page here →→→ Identity Verification
https://skr.sh/sBpfFJdNh20

539a74d8
Community Member

my id is verified but blue tick is not on my profile yet 

Hi Ibrahim,

The verification process you completed did not involve receiving the ID Verification Badge. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the badge. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1a432f2f
Community Member

Greetings, I have been trying to get my ID verified but it seems all of the files i have uploaded fail to get verified. I have tried 2 diffrent types of IDs (id card and passport), I have tried 2 diffrent methods of uploading them (pdf and jpeg) and I also tried both scanning and photographing. Nothing has worked! Is there something that can be done about this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bora,

Looks like your ID has been approved. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re able to proceed with your verification process?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
rjackso7
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I am trying to complete the verification with my photo Drivers license and it keeps coming back that it can not be excepted.  I can't even ge!t to the second step

Hi Rhonda, 

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

i dont have a link for verification settings

Hi Kristofferson,

If you are required, you’ll be notified upon logging in to complete the verification process by uploading a non-expired government-issued photo ID and meeting with us for visual verification. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I have submitted a selfie for visual verification but Customer Support was unable to verify me visually. How we can re-do visual verification?

VV.PNG

Hi Muhammad,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3bfcb670
Community Member

Need help. I used my Google sign-in to sign up for Upwork which is using my nickname and last name when I am still single. Uploaded the an ID which contains my updated married name. And the selfie does just took a picture where I am not looking. Can I please be re-verify? 

Hi Rebecca,

I can see that you have already submitted a support ticket regarding your Google sign-in issue. One of our team members will update your ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm having the same issue, except upwork demands I verify my identity until today, but I've been trying for days with no luck because it apparently can't recognize my face. This is very frustrating.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members