🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424

Hi Meghana,

As Goran noted, verification cannot be done at the freelancer's request. Once the freelancer is eligible, they'll receive a notification and will see a link to complete their verification. 
Meanwhile, you can still continue improving your profile and proposals you send to clients. 

Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Upwork
77149d96
Community Member

Hi there

I'd like to verify my ID. Although I haven't asked for it yet. But the problem is I can't do my account ID verification, I don't understand the problem.

How do I complete my Account ID Verification?

Hi Alamin,

It looks like your identity has already been verified and ID Verified Badge is showing on your profile already. Let us know if you have any further questions or issues.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Please help us, (We are completing a review to let your customers know about your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If your account hold is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support) . I read this problem in Upwork.
What do I do now? I don't understand anything
Explain to me everything.

please help me 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alamin, 

Thank you for patiently waiting as our team looked into this further. Please know that this is resolved. Let us know if there is anything else our team can assist you with!

~ Avery
Upwork
jeysoda
Community Member

I can't verify my account since it is locked how do i resolve the issue. i used a picture from my phone for my Driver license and it still didn't work. how do i resolve this issue? 

Hi Jose,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
dae16714
Community Member

Hi,

I need to submit my Id card ithin 7 days to keep my upwork account active but my id card is expired right n and it will take upto 15 days to issue a new one. Please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sanovia,

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. 

Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
8002ba81
Community Member

Hi I'm Nguyen

When I click "Get Started" button, this message show up "We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue."

I try clear my data and cookies and also try it in another browser. But it didn't work out

Can someone help me with this ?

Hi Ho Anh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
6142004e
Community Member

I got my first project and have successfully completed it. At the same time, I was asked to verify my identity but when I click on get started I got the answer "that we are not able to verify your id at this time please contact customer support." The last date for verification is about to end. Please resolve my issue ASAP. Thanks in advance

Hi Muhammad,

Could you try to clear your cache and cookies or log in via another browser to submit your ID? If you're still experiencing any problems after this, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mdata_f
Community Member

Hi, 

I have created the account on Upwork. Now I am unable to see the verification ID link, so that I can earn this badge to start my freelance career with this portal.

Please mail me as soon as possible.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Pradeep,

At the moment, you don't have any pending verifications. Once you're required to verify your profile, our team will reach out to you directly with detailed instructions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
imshahidzafar
Community Member

identity verification option not showing in settings? how i verify my account?

Hi Shahid,

Once you become eligible/required for this badge, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
c1bbcf31
Community Member

Hi all,

I recently within the last month or so verified my ID with a driver's license and selfie.  I got the little "check mark" etc. that my ID was verified. Well this week I got another notification saying that I have to verify my ID even though I have already gone through that process. I uploaded a passport but ultimately I'm trying to understand why I have been asked to verify my ID again even though it was verified only a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks,
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I checked and it looks like the team reached out to you about the verification process. Please log in to your account and check this ticket and kindly follow the instruction provided so that you can complete this step. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c1bbcf31
Community Member

Hey Joanne,

I went to that ticket and updated it. It said Sarah A. instead of Ambrose and then I typed in Ambrose and clicked "Update" still said Sarah A. Tried again and again.  Not sure what is going on as that is my name and that is the name that is on both my driver's license and passport (have now submitted both). 

Anything else I should be doing? 

Thanks,
Sarah

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarah, 

We routinely ask freelancers and clients to verify their identities to help protect our community and ensure that Upwork stays safe and secure. The Upwork Terms of Service cover this, and you may read more about it here and here. 

As for the ID you submitted, I want to note that the team couldn't verify your account information because it didn't match your profile name. I can see that you recently updated your profile name to reflect the information on your ID. Please know that users should use their full name on Upwork. This full name will not be displayed on your profile but will appear in two locations that are visible to your clients: 

• On your invoices for the client 
  • In "he "Contract "oom" you share with the client.

On your profile, only your full name and your last name's first initial will be displayed. I request that you refrain from editing your last name on your profile to avoid going through issues in the future when asked to verify your account.

As for the current request, the team will continue with their review process and update you through an email support ticket if they require more information.  

~ Avery
Upwork
c1bbcf31
Community Member

Hey guys,

I went on to the site today.  I was aiming to submit a proposal.  I was again asked for my ID.  I put it through again (third time) after doing so saw a message that said "ID Verified) and yet on my profile there is still a red mark that says this: Action required: Verify your identity by 11/20/2021 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started.

Please let me know what I should do next. I corrected the issue outlined in the ticket. It is marked as solved. I have not put in ID three times. What more can I do? 

Thanks,
Sarah

*I have now put in ID three times.  

Hi Sarah,

I checked and can confirm the team is reviewing the ID you submitted. Rest assured, they will reach out to you directly if there is any further information needed on your end.

Please know that while we do try and limit the number of times we ask freelancers to verify, we sometimes require verification more than once. This is part of our ongoing effort to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients. Apologies for the inconvenience it may cause.

~Andrea
Upwork
c1bbcf31
Community Member

Hey @Andrea G, 

Thanks so much! I was confused as to what I should do next. Waiting it is! 🙂 

Thanks again,
Sarah

5c45c973
Community Member

Upwork is urging me to verify my account but the problem is, I don't have the document I need to verify yet. I'm going to be using an NBI Clearance but I don't have it yet as it's still being processed. On the other hand, my passport is expired. My question is, can I cash out even if I'm not yet verified? I will be using my Paypal account to do so.

@5c45c973 wrote:

Upwork is urging me to verify my account but the problem is, I don't have the document I need to verify yet. I'm going to be using an NBI Clearance but I don't have it yet as it's still being processed. On the other hand, my passport is expired. My question is, can I cash out even if I'm not yet verified? I will be using my Paypal account to do so.

If you have been asked to verify and you don't or can't comply, then your account is likely to be suspended until you have completed the process.  Have a look at the help pages on this subject. 

Hi Joanna,

I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
fcaf4d95
Community Member

I had this account open more than 8 months ago, but I didn't know anything about Upwork account settings then. Right now, I have a 100% complete profile, but I need a Verification tick on a serious note! And Upwork is not sending me an email or link. I need it so that people can trust me.

The support chat told me to go into my settings, choose Identification Verification, and go for video chat. But when I visited my settings, there was no such option. I am at the edge of giving up. Because neither my ID is getting verified nor I'm getting any clients.

Would you please help me?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rida Fatima,

Once you become eligible/required for this badge, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Good luck! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fcaf4d95
Community Member

This is completely not helping me out because someone told me that my account would never be shown to the clients without verification. And so how I will ever set up my business here. I have completed all of the requirements, but no one will ever accept my proposal without verifying. 

https://www.upwork.com/resources/9-tips-create-freelancer-profile-stands-out the link you have shared has the same content I read before setting up my account. And I have already followed it. Would you please verify my account?

smkiger
Community Member

I uploaded my ID and did the ID verification when I started my UpWork account. 

Why do I have to do this again?

Also having same problem adding my birthdate to the Identity Verification form. The calendar won't 'apply' the birthdate I select on the calendar. Won't change the year from 2021... 

Tried this with Chrome and Edge. Same problem in each browser.

Screenshot showing BD selection not changing default BD. It does not change when I click 'apply' either. The month and day change to what I select but the year stays at 2021 no matter what I select for the year.

BD in screenshot is not my actual BD, for my personal security.

id.verify.problem.upwork.png.png

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hashimrashidy
Community Member

Dear upwork team,

I got this option to verify my account through passport id but i don't have passport id

I have only national id please help me for this

Thanks you

I also had trouble verifying the ID, so I contacted Upwork Support and they were so kind so they set up a meeting with me via Google Meet and had a video chat with me to verify my account. And it was all set.
Try This.

Hi Rashid,

I checked your account and it looks like you already have completed the verification process and have earned the badge. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
rishiljariwala
Community Member

Identify verification link not working 

An Error Occurred: This page doesn't exist. (upwork.com)

Please help

Hi Rishil,

Since you're still not eligible for this badge, you can not access that link. Once you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
7ecf6fa1
Community Member

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to Upwork and apparently I need to complete an ID verification video call with an Upwork agent. The instructions are to "initiate this call by chatting with an agent." How do I go about this? I tried chatting with the bot and it doesn't understand. 

Thanks,

Hannah

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members