🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I need to change my name to actual legal name
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424

Hi Kashyap,

To learn more about the ID badge verification, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
667f5da0
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I've provided my identity verification document 3 times but, it's showing an error. I've only 2 days remaining to verify my ID. What can I do to solve it?

It shows "We’re unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later."

What does it mean?

Hi Muhammad, 

I checked your account and it looks like our team reached out to you already about your ID verification. Please check your ticket by logging in to your account and going here. The same information was also sent to the email address associated with your Upwork account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
johnpaul-adims
Community Member

Hi,

I am new to Upwork.  I was sent a verify my account before 11/12/2021. I have done that for last week but I have not gotten feedback on the status of my account even though it says 1 business day gab. Please can someone let me know what the issues are?

Hi Johnpaul,

Your verification was approved and the badge was awarded to your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks so much.

Thanks so much.

5a08182c
Community Member

I am new on Upwork and have joined Upwork now. I just want to verify my visual and ID proof verification now. How to do that? Any help in how to do this??

Hi Takudzwa,

At the moment, you don't have any pending verifications. Once you're required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly with detailed instructions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
582b4f0b
Community Member

Hello, i would like to get assisted in identity verification.

Hi Shahnila,

Once you're required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you with more details. To learn more about the ID verification badge, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mahendrashukla
Community Member

Hi I'm not getting the place where I can upload the Id documents, please let me know where I can upload my Id document?

Hi Mahendra,

It doesn't look like you're eligible to complete the verification yet. Check out Andrea's post here for more information.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I didn't get the identity verification menu in my account setting, why?

Spoiler

Hi Mahendra,

At the moment you don't have any pending verifications. Once you're eligible to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have created account at least 1 month ago, could you please let me know how much time the team will take for ID verification process?

Hi Mahendra,

Once you're eligible to verify your profile you will be able to start the process immediately. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
a6ad871a
Community Member

Hi.
I am in identity verification process and I have read the requirements.
My government issued ID has my address on it's backside. And you can only upload one file.
What to do?

Hi Zaya,

Feel free to upload the front of your ID. If additional information is needed, our team will reach out to you with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi.
I have tried as you have instructed and it is still saying unable to process.
I am running out of time.
Could you please send me an 1-1 support.

Hi Zaya,

It looks like you've only entered your last name initial, which is what's causing the problem, and having your full name is required. You will need to update your name by going to Settings > Contact Info and then resubmit your ID. Feel free to check here to learn more. 

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f119a469
Community Member

I've received the request that I need to verify my identity within 7 days.I clicked get started button,but it keep says"we are unable to complete ID verification at this time”please tell me how to solve this promblem,thanks

Hi Flora,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f119a469
Community Member

sorry,no one has come to help me yet
hamidraza51
Community Member

Hi, There

I would to do ID verification, but is not showing an option on the profile settings and also does not work the link of identity verification. How can this problem be solved?

Hi Hamid,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. You can check this help article to learn more about the verification process.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I would like to get the ID verified by giving an interview on the video chat...

7bbb46f7
Community Member

Hi, there is a pop-up message that says that  I need to verify my identity until Nov. 18, 2021. I tried submitting other government IDs because I don't have the IDs listed. Unfortunately, it was not accepted. Is there any way I can verify my identity? I am afraid that my account will be placed on hold.

Hi Jovelyn,

I can see that you're currently in correspondence with our support team. Please continue to communicate through your support ticket with them so that they can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
51efb9f0
Community Member

It has been hard dealing with things during with the pandemic and the requirements that I need to verify my account is not such an easy item to acquire considering the circumstances.

I'm wondering if I can still log-in to this account even after being put on-hold and verify it when I get the requirements that I need?

Responses are highly appreciated.

Hi Kym,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, you can still continue with ID verification from this link.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
el-rami
Community Member

Hello i am an architect willing to have a freelance experience. I have been facing issues with upwork , it refuses to confirm my account since more than 5 or 6 times.
Im seeking assistance from team upwork
A step by step explanation or a evaluation of my profile or maybee setting an online meeting to confirm it.
I will be glad for any kind of help and i will be waiting your reply

Hi Elghoul,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. Only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hello,

I made a mistake of using a nickname rather than my legal name on the government-issued ID.

I already changed my profile name to the actual legal name, but I still cannot get my identity verified when I upload a government-issued ID card.

Help!

Hi Seongbeom,

I can see that one of our agents reached out to you directly via a support ticket with more information. Kindly refer to it and feel free to follow up with them if you have questions.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

They still cannot help much. The problem is:

"Please Note: It is important that you submit the ID document for [[Sam Kim]]. The date of birth and name should be visible in the document."

I tried changed my profile name to Seongbeom Kim, and the new name is reflected, except in the verification page, where it says "The ID you upload must have the same name [[Sam Kim]] and date of birth entered below."

What do I do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Seongbeom,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
fe5f6f7b
Community Member

I tried following an article which led me to this link: https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/

But the issue is that the link is broken. I tried it in a private browser as well, but it didn’t work.

Hi Meghana,

At the moment, you don't have any pending verifications. Once you're required to verify your profile, our team will reach out to you directly with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I do understand that, but I want to be able to send proposals which convert. I’m going to have to put sending out proposals on hold until I get my verification badge. How do I go about getting y verification badge and getting clients?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members