🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: ID card is not being verified.
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
1e8f57aa
Community Member

Hi Andrea G,

But I am unable to see my ID verification badge on my profile. This is still on reviewe. Please help me to get ID verification Badge.

Husnain Ali
1e8f57aa
Community Member

Hi Andrea G,

I am unable to see the ID verification Badge On my profile Please make sure that I have successfully verified my ID.

Thanks

Husnain Ali

Husnain Ali
eaeb2875
Community Member

Hi,

I would like to verify my ID. I can't find any link to get started in my settings. Where can I find the ID verification link?

Thank you.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mojumder,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
gomez_joytherese
Community Member

I've been asked to  verify my identity and have already submitted a Government I.D. two times now but it keeps saying "We’re unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later" after a few hours--how will I know if it's rejected or if it's just a system error?

I've also already submitted a webcam selfie for verification two days ago but until now it says  "We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day" 

Can a moderator help me with this? The deadline for my verification is on January 9, 2022, I don't want my account to be suspended. I thank you in advance. 

Hi Joy, 

A member of the team who is handling your account concern will reach out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ahssanupwork
Community Member

I have tried to verify my ID by using my national identity card as well as by using my passport but it is not getting verified. It shows that it is under verification and will let me know in one business day. But it has been more than one business day but there is no resonse. What should I do to get my ID verified?

Hi Muhammad,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
ac09afef
Community Member

Hi, 

I received a notification about getting my ID verified by uploading my government-issued ID card and through selfie verification. I've completed my selfie verification but when I upload my ID card it shows an error after that it says that the ID card is under review and it will take 1 business day to verify it. It's been over a day now my ID card is still not verified. 

I've tried the "get support" option but nothing happened.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your ID verification is approved now.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you so much

9f110c29
Community Member

Icant verificate my account in 2nd part.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dayanch,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
abba9f35
Community Member

I have uploaded my verified government ID card many time for verification. But it show me the message that please upload verified government ID card. Please help me

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

~Andrea
Upwork
abba9f35
Community Member

OK, Can this problem is solved within given time of verification. Because there is only 5 days left for verification.

7c2052cf
Community Member

I am unable to change my profile picture as it requires me to verify my identity. I tried verifying my identity but it was rejected as the picture on my pfp is blurry and does not match with the image on the document. So I am stuck in a loop now, Please help me fix this issue

Hi Manoj,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
77e7d3a6
Community Member

Hii, Plz let me know my account will be verified or not ??

I upload my ID and clear my visual verification also.

Hi Sanjana,

I can see that the team reached out to you directly regarding your verification process. Kindly refer to this support ticket for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
roden87
Community Member

Hi, I tried to verify my identity few days ago and it says it will be verified within 1 working day.
it's been almost a week and still has no update on it and I can't find other way to redo the process.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Roden,

Your verification was approved and your badge is now added to your profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
stefasto
Community Member

Hey all,

my ID verification was declined because my ID photo did not match the photo on my Upwork account. So far, so good.

However, I can't update my profile photo because it says "Please verify your identity before uploading a new profile photo."

How can I break this circle?

Hi Stefan,

I checked your account and I can see that you were able to update your profile picture. Once you're ready feel free to start the verification process. Thank yoiu.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey Goran,

thanks for your quick reply. At the moment, my verification process looks like this:

stefasto_0-1641820677178.png

Since I'm not looking directly into the camera, you rejected this photo. Now, I can't upload a new one unless you validate my ID photo - which you do not validate because it differs from my profile picture.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members