🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
husnain9192
Community Member

I have been asked to do identity verification from Upwork. But when I click on get started it gives me this error "We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue." Moderators, please help. Thanks  

Hi Husnain,

You should have no problems with the verification. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser to see if that helps? If it doesn't, please let us know and share a screenshot of the error so we can check and assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
yasirul
Community Member

Am I free to change the profile picture anytime. If I changed It, Am I have to verify again. 

Hi Priyantha,

You can always update your profile picture. To do so, please go to your profile, hover over your profile picture and click on the pencil icon to open a popup window and make further changes. Please note that generally, a freelancer can be requested to verify information on their profile after making changes to it. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

By mistake I uploaded incorrect profile picture. Now I want to change it but system is not allowing me to update it. Please let me know how I can change my profile picture. I do not want my account to be suspended because of this.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

Could you please try uploading your profile picture one more time? Let us know if you're still having trouble doing so.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I could upload the updated picture. Thanks for your help.

I wad getting the message that 

After review, we have determined that your profile photo does not meet Upwork requirements. Update your photo.

Can you please let me know if this requirement has been met now. Please let me know what are the next steps for me to ensure that my profile is in order. 

I have already submitted my Id and selfie.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Hi Aleksander,

Though I could upload the new photo, yet now two photos are visible. At the top is the old pic and at the profile is the new updated pic. Please suggest how I need to proceed.

Regards,

Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

I just checked and the updated profile picture is showing on your profile. It was probably a caching thing.

Regarding your verification, I checked with the team and as you already finished both steps, please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account and notify you if further steps are required from your end.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

IT worked. Thanks!

rajnishthakur01
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

I'm also suffering from the same problem of identity.

Please solve this problem I need my blue tick on the profile.

Thank you 
Rajnish

Hi Rajnish,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
shakher
Community Member

hi mam

I can not do upload my Identity varification. Please What can I do?

Hi Shakher,

It looks like you already completed the first step and only the second one remained. Are you having any issues with that step? Could you please share a screenshot from your end so we can take a look?

If you're having issues with the second step, you can click on the link that says 'Speak with an agent' and continue with the verification from there.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
955e34e2
Community Member

I'm confused on how to get a Identity verification from upwork, do I need to get a job first and after the job gets done will I be able receive notification from upwork and get verified check badge? because, when I open my settings I can't find the identity verification. Thanks in advance sir/ma'am

Hi Darwin,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment which is why you don't see the option on the Settings page. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hello aleksander,

thank you for answering my question.

well, May I have some other questions for you sir? even my profile is not verified with government ID's or having video calls for verifications, will I be able to apply for a job and get hired is that possible? do I need to get a job first in order to receive an Identity verification from upwork sir?

I'm very sorry sir if I do have a lot of questions to bother you, I don't know anything.

darwin.

Hi Darwin,

Yes, you can still submit proposals and get hired without verifying your identity. Once you become eligible for the badge, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Aleksandar, I would like to thank you for answering all my questions, you helped me a lot.

shakher
Community Member

Sir 

Thanks to you, I have some problem that is my account verification. For varification when I click to get started then show  "We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue" (attach file documents). I can not do upload my verification ID documents. Please now What can I do?

Hi Shakher,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
arshihussain
Community Member

I am face technical issue when I turn on the camera and try to finish the second part to complete my varification. Screenshot 2021-07-07 134051.png

Hi Arshiya,

I suggest that you click on the 'Speak with an agent' link from your screenshot and continue with the verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
grmeclija
Community Member

Hello,

I think that I will have problem with ID identification. Before a few hours I try to verify my ID, but I think I didnt take picture of it on right way. Does I need to wait to support contact me, or reject me (in that case how can I prove my mestake) and when can I expect answer in UpWork?

Greetings and thanks

Hi Aleksandar,

I checked and can see the team is reviewing your submission, please allow 1 business day for the review to be complete. If the team needs any further information to complete your verification they will reach out to you directly.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
azhar_noor
Community Member

my id has been verified once. And now i have recieved a notification of Some of your services are temporarily on hold. Now issue is, my name on account is  **Edited for Community Guidelines**
( its my nick). but my name on gov issued id is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. how can i change my name on my account?

Hi Azhar,

You can change your profile name by going to Settings > Contact Info. I can see that the team already contacted you regarding your verification process. Kindly follow up with them through your support ticket so they can assist you further.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
faiez_hadjtaieb
Community Member

Hello , 

could someone help me to reactivate my account ?

1. ID document verification

2. Visual verification

Hi Faiez,

I checked and it looks like one of our agents reached out to you via a support ticket to further assist you. Please refer to that ticket for more information.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a0299c09
Community Member

I don't know the English language (for now and when I apply for jobs I use google translator). I cannot talk on the video call with the Upwork agent (because I cannot understand and speak English) so can I ask my manager to talk with Upwork support on my behalf and I will be sitting beside him to show my face. I will also allow him to pick my Id card in his hand to show Upwork. Is this allowed in terms of Upwork?

Hi Joe,

You will need to connect with one of our agents by yourself and complete the verification on your own once you're required. Once you're required to verify your profile a ticket will be created for you as well where you can follow up with any additional questions you may have. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

But I don't know spoken English what can I do? Can they talk with me in the Urdu language?

stephen0303
Community Member

Hi,

I want to verify my account, please.

Hi Stephen,

Once you're required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly with detailed instructions. At the moment, you don't have any pending verifications. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mihawkkk
Community Member

hello guys, I really need help as soon as possible,

it is ok to verify my identity with only a video call? or I need to send the government ID as well,

and why i don't have the option to verify my identity with video on my profile, i only have to send a government ID,

please I need to verify my identity as soon as possible.

guys one more  thing,

I am from Lebanon I have only the option to verify my identity through a passport but I don't have one, and it is very hard to get a passport in Lebanon, what can I do ? please I need help I don't have much time 

mihawkkk
Community Member

hello guys i have send my government ID to upwork but it got rejected, I don't know why, but I think because my photo on it was too old, what is the solution now ?, i  don't have any passport or anything help please, and it is hard right now to make new passport ok new government ID

?

Hi Mohamad,

I checked and it looks like the team already reached out to you on this support ticket with more information regarding your verification. Please refer to the ticket and feel free to follow up there in case you have any questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members