🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
lmash
Community Member

I did my identity verification but still, my account was suspended.
please solve this problem and free my account. I am waiting for your response

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
5d64e7d1
Community Member

Yesterday I received a message from upwork saying my account is temporarily suspended as I haven't verified it. NEVER BEFORE had I received IDENTITY VERIFICATION or ACCOUNT SUSPENSION message (on upwork notifications or email). 

I then verified my account a few hours after the message. But today when I checked my proposals, all 11 of them were withdrawn without any notice or refund of connects.

Kindly let me know how to undo the automatic unnotified withdrawals or atleast how to get my connects back. 

(PS: For upwork team -> Atleast give us a 24 hours notice period to take desired action before directly withdrawing all the proposals or suspending the account)

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Neha, 

I looked into this further, and I can confirm that an email was also sent out to you on 2-March requesting you verify your account. I can see that you missed verifying your account by the deadline. As such, a temporary hold on your account was placed, and your proposals were withdrawn. When you receive a notice to verify your account, it would be best to complete it by the deadline to avoid any hold on your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
5d64e7d1
Community Member

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I did verify the account a few hours after the email. Is the account still
suspended? Also after the suspension is removed will I get my proposals or
connects back?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

The proposals and the Connects will not be returned in this case since you missed verifying by the deadline. 

~ Avery
Upwork
0f8bb22c
Community Member

Hi,
I had chance to have an Id Verification Badge. I had done all requirements regarding to procedure. 
When I got the step taking selfie on web cam, we could not find a click button. So my assistance had tried to figure out the taking selfie. But system taked the photo automaticall. Now my account is suspend and i want to you fix this problem please. And give a change to change my selfie photo again and get Id verification badge. 

Urgent. Please. Colud you please fix this problem?
Regards,

Emre Bozkurt

Hi Emre,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
98839b2a
Community Member

hello they are asking me to verify my identity, I uploaded the selfie and it tells me that it's ok the problem is when uploading my id card it says the following We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day. , I have already tried and waited more than 1 day and it keeps giving me an error

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juan,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
d08ae76c
Community Member

Hello. I'm new to upwork and trying to verify my identity. While trying to submit proposals, I'm taken to screen instructing me to verify my identity. A green "verify" button sits at the bottom of the screen. Upon clicking it I'm taken back to the job posting I was in. I cant advance. I opened a ticket for support and have had no response. Tried different phones and browsers. Help!

Hi Gilad,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

I responded via email. But posting here as well. Please see **Edited for Community Guidelines** . Thanks. 

Hi Gilad,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
08ea6b91
Community Member

I am doing ID document verification and I found that I update wrong picture of my government-issued ID. How can I update it? 

Hi Thao,

Thank you for your response. I see that you have already submitted the document. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review the document and notify you of the outcome.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
klaraontheweb
Community Member

I am posting on behalf of my husband because his account is limited and he cannot post here.

He already submitted government ID for verification and the support ticket was  closed even though the account is still not verified.

We need help to resolve the issue because his account is from odesk days.

Thanks.

The request that was closed is **Edited for Community Guidelines** . I hope it can be open. Thanks

Hi Claire, 

I shared your report with the team handling the case you shared. One of our agents will assist your husband directly via email as soon as possible. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Claire, 

Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help?

~ Nikola
Upwork

I understand. Thanks.

me_mw
Community Member

Dear Team,

Your account is on hold. Verify your identity to submit proposals and withdraw earnings. Get started. i am done both process completely then why my acount suspended plz help

i am done both process in 2 days identity and visual verification plz resolve my problem

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

me_mw_1-1647093886902.png

plz active my acount

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and your ID verification is now approved. You should be able to see the ID Badge on your profile now. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork
me_mw
Community Member

thank you so much🙂

f6c5b79c
Community Member

Hi,

I have updated the name as written on my NIC, but it is not updated on a link 'https://www.upwork.com/ab/compliance/identity-verification' where I have to submit the NIC. My name is not being matched, and now my account is on hold.

Hi Hassan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f6c5b79c
Community Member

Hi Nikola S,

Can you please tell me, when will I be contacted?

Thanks

99f2a01c
Community Member

Hi Upwork team there is a big problem with my upwork account. Actually, I was using my face

cartoon picture (vector tracing picture) as my profile picture. Now Upwork asked me to verify my identity. I was using my government issued id card for my id verification..As you know its upwork policy that profile picture and id card picture should be the same. Now problem is that due to my cartoon face Upwork profile picture is not matching with my id card picture and due to this reason Upwork is not verifying my id

I am also not able to change my profile picture with my original picture.. Plz solve my issue I will be very thankful to you...

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you are already communicating with our team on your support ticket. It looks like one of our agents already followed up and shared further steps to help you resolve the issue you experience. 

Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
farooqlancer46
Community Member

Hi there, 
Recently Upwork put my profile on hold due to ID verification even I submitted my ID verification documents.
I think one week ago I got a notification that verify your identity on Upwork so I submitted my visual verification as well as ID document verification. after submitting the documents I got a message "We’re reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day. Learn more .
but now after waiting many days they put my profile on hold, I wanna know why because I submitted all the documents they asked for from me.
please guide me because I am a newbie here on this platform.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Muhammad Farooq,

I'd like to confirm that this has been resolved. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks, Joanne I am very happy to see that the issue has been resolved for me and my profile is now verified.

shuvoahmed8121
Community Member

I have submitted my photo instead of my photo ID for verification 2 times. Basically I didn't understand that. Now my account is hold. What can I do now for ID verification and unhold my ID?

Hi Md Shubha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
willamkim
Community Member

I provided all my personal information and company information, including the household register at home. Company business license. All source files Because I provided a water receipt. Rejected for the last time. But you asked me to provide. What else can I provide besides the receipt for the water bill?? I have verified my identity before. Why do I verify my identity for no reason? I've submitted it six times. Refuse me for various reasons? I still have $7000 in my account just to keep me from withdrawing money?

Hi William,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
willamkim
Community Member

hank you.

willamkim
Community Member

Would you please reply to me as soon as possible? Because I still have four contracts in progress. I've been complaining for a month. I really don't know. I think the information and company information I submitted are detailed enough.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi William, 

I understand why this can be frustrating for you. I checked your account, and it looks like the team shared more information with you regarding the criteria for approved documents. Once you have reviewed and read the link shared with you through your support ticket, kindly confirm that you have understood the guidelines through the support ticket, and the team handling your concern can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
willamkim
Community Member

What I'm showing to you now is all information that you ask for and I don't know which of them is not qualified and that's what our ticket looks like is here or you can send me some example that I should send you you said any of them following that I send all of them you guys still unacceptable

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members