🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424

Hi Hannah, 

I checked and it looks like you have already completed the verification process. Don't hesitate to post here if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8b7b2549
Community Member

please verifaid my profile as soon as posible that's why clints send me work without any hasitation and i easily earn mony.
Plz help me.

Hi Rimsha,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fcaf4d95
Community Member

I want to do an ID verification video call with an Upwork agent. I'm new here. And I think I won't be able to get clients if my ID is not verified. Help, please.

Hi Rida,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
40101a6c
Community Member

How can I get verified ?

Hi Adeyemi,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. You may check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
asadghaffar
Community Member

I can't see any identity verification option in my account setting. 
How could i verify my account?

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

But the Notification coming on my screen that your account will be on hold if you don't verify the identity  , although I have completed both steps  

aamirbhellar
Community Member

Hi , 

I am new to Upwork and I got my first client but I need to verify my identity. 

I have given all information correctly but the ID verification can't be done. 

Can anybody help me to get through this, I have only 2 days left to verification. 

Thanks 

Hi Aamir,

Are you experiencing any problems with the verifications process or receiving any errors on your end? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran , 

Actually, I haven't received any error but when I am uploading the documents/ID it says we couldn't verify you please try again.  As I have given the correct format and correct ID and passport. I don't understand what's wrong with my steps  . 

Hi Aamir,

Your ID badge is now approved, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
avetisyan_natali
Community Member

Hi ) Please help me verify my Upwork account.

I can't start working.

Thank You.

Hi Natalia,

Please know that you don't need to verify your identity to get that first contract. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~Andrea
Upwork
498ee0d9
Community Member

I am an Aspiring Amazon Seller VA with completed Masterclass from Amazonation with all the technical Aspects of managing the Amazon seller Central.  Please give me an insight on how I can be noticed by clients and improve my profile. I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

Hi Jessa,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Hope this helps and good luck!
~Andrea
Upwork
498ee0d9
Community Member

Thank you for your response. It's a big help.
eldeus
Community Member

Can I request identity verification to get the badge in my profile? Thanks

When you will finish one project on Upwork then they will notify you're eligible to verify your profile.

Then you'll be asked to:

1. Valid Government Issued ID
2. Video verification of you by video call & will be asked one or more question

So, it's very simple.
Have a great time in the journey of Upwork

Thanks, Muhammad!

f858c911
Community Member

I uploaded my ID twice. Both times the verifications failed. Now I have just uploaded my DL. I hope it works this time since the deadline is tomorrow. What could be the issue here? I make sure the images are clear. I will appreciate any kind of help. 

Be sure that all 4 corners of your DL are in the picture.  For some reason, that matters.  Other than that, I got nuthin'

I did. Now they are reviewing the document. They say it can take up to one business day.

Hi Teresiah,

Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
87ed3e8d
Community Member

Hello!

I'm new to Upwork, and I'm trying to get verified. I don't see the option to do that in my Profile Settings. I tried asking the Chatbot, but it just keeps saying "We'll let you know once you're eligible/required..."

How exactly do I become eligible for ID Verification?

Jan C wrote:

Hello!

I'm new to Upwork, and I'm trying to get verified. I don't see the option to do that in my Profile Settings. I tried asking the Chatbot, but it just keeps saying "We'll let you know once you're eligible/required..."

How exactly do I become eligible for ID Verification?

When you are asked by upwork to do it. Not before your first contract. 

I see. I just noticed that some other applicants to the jobs I applied for, are verified. I figured being verified would increase my chances of getting accepted.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your reply. I appreciate it. 

1c81d341
Community Member

Hello.

I just tried to verify the account today and I uploaded ID card successfully.

But when I reached out to visual verification step, the page is loading sometime and getting following error.

We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue.

I'd appreciate if anyone helps me resolve the issue and verify the account in time.

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nam,

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been able to start the verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try using Firefox as a browser when you initiate it?

If the issue persists let us know.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
1c81d341
Community Member

Hello.

I tried to clear cache and also tried firefox but still the same error is causing on both chrome and firefox.

We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Hello Nam,

I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
d02619c4
Community Member

Good day! Can a police clearance be used for identity verification? currently, the issuance of government id requires more than a week. Thus, I cannot send a valid id before the date December 05. The police clearance also has the needed information such as the photo, signature, birthday, and address.

Hi Nicah,

To learn more about our accepted documents, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
761c74db
Community Member

Hello, 

I can't find the identity verification section on my profile settings. When I try to use the link which directs to ID verification, it says the page doesn't exist. Could anyone help me with this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ozgur,

Since you're still not eligible for this badge, you can not access that link. Once you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
efb14507
Community Member

Hi, I tried to upload my ID multiple times but it kept failing on me, I uploaded a new photo every time but the same thing happened. Despite the unsuccessful attempts, it's saying my ID is being reviewed, and it will take up to 1 business day. It's already been 3 days. I'm at a loss here and this action is required by 12/2 which is tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Calvin,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
profitcuraltd
Community Member

I have submitted my id few times for verification but it says id couldnt be verified. Status is showing that team is reviewing it and will get back within 1 working days. It has been couple of days, i did not hear back from upwork team.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members