🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
81dcd86d
Community Member

I have been hired for a job, and have been asked for ID Verification. I have now put in a photo of my goverment ID and even my passport, and a selfie several times, but it just keeps saying it cant verify my ID. It says if I dont have it verified by TODAY, all my contracts will be put on hold. I have contacted customer service multiple times and have not heard back at all.  PLEASE HELP.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hunter, 

Your verification documents were accepted, and the Identity Verification badge is already displayed on your profile. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ccb8bcaf
Community Member

I can't find the visual id check option when I try to verification my account

Maybe use a better picture first. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohamed,

Please refer to this ticket where our team already shared tips about uploading your ID for this verification process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
muhammad_haroon2
Community Member

Hi, I recieved an email to verify my identity with in 07 days. Thus went to Identity Verification page. I chose "ID card" as the ID type, but as soon as i upload the picture of my Official Government ID, I get the message "we couldn't verify your ID".
I have tried several times with 6 different pictures taken, none of them worked. I am wondering what is the real issue here? 
1. My pictures are clear.
2. A four sides of ID card are visible and have extra margins too.
3. I have followed all the other guidelines mentioned here to make things work.
I am from Pakistan

Hi Muhammad Haroon,

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,
Thank you for assisting me in first step of ID verification. I applied for the second step "Visual Verification" and submitted a selfie after QR code scanning. It is stuck again at "We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day." Please see the screesnhot

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like you submitted this yesterday. Please allow one full business day to pass for the team to be able to review your submission.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,
Any update on my Visual verification? Now 2 days have been passed. I am pushing this because my profile says "Verify your identity by 01/31/2022 UTC" and the weekend is ahead of us.
Thanks,
Muhammad Haroon Khan

Hi Muhammad,

I understand your concern. I've followed up with the team and they were able to review already! You should see the badge on your profile now.

~Andrea
Upwork
meyerdanielle
Community Member

Hi there, 

I submitted my identity verification documents last week but my profile still says I need to submit them...is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks, 

Danielle 

Hi Danielle,

I have the exact same problem and I don't even know what to do about this situation!

please if someone can help us

Thanks in regards.

Ahmed

Hi Ahmed,

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been able to complete the verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try using Firefox as a browser when you initiate it?

If the issue persists let us know.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

The problem is still there I tried both clearing the cache and cookies but it doesn't work & try Mozilla but still didn't work.

Thank you.

Ahmed

Hi Ahmed, 

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I checked with the team and your verification documents have passed. You now have the Identity Verified Badge on your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Danielle,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan, 

I've tried this and the issue still persists.

thanks, 

Danielle 

Hi Danielle,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
1aa8888f
Community Member

Hi. I am unable to verify my identity for past 3 days. I have been uploading my original NIC picture (jpeg, pdf) but it says it's not a valid government ID. What should I do because my account is going to be put on hold, in 2 days. I have also tried to open the support ticket, but no response yet.

Thanks,

Fahad.

Hi Fahad,

I can see that you already have an open ticket to support. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via your open ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
1aa8888f
Community Member

I have not received a response yet.

Hi Fahad,

I went ahead and followed up with the team handling your support ticket, you should expect to receive an update soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
1aa8888f
Community Member

Okay, Thanks.
I will be waiting.

361b255a
Community Member

I am not sure why but I am required to re-verify so I uploaded ID card. But it is still in pending even 48 hours are passed. I tried to contact with customer support but I couldn't. It give me error "Connection error. Please start over or refresh the page." So thre is no way to solve this now.

Anybody can help me please?

Thanks

Hi Wei,

Our team will review your ID as soon as possible and will reach out to you directly with the results, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Wei,

Your ID is now approved. If you're still experiencing any problems on your end, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
361b255a
Community Member

Thank you very much, Goran. You are very fast. Now I can see the red alert disappeared.

Thanks again.

efcc49c8
Community Member

My account has been placed on hold after I uploaded my ID and its been almost 2 days now. Can you please guide me about it?

Hi Ehtisham,

It doesn't look like there are any holds on your account at the moment and you already have your ID Verification badge! If you continue to experience any issues please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
valeedabdullah
Community Member

Hi,

I've been asked to verify my identity and since then, I'm having trouble verifying my identity using an ID Card despite the fact that I followed all the guidelines provided by Upwork. ID Card is neither edited in any way nor cropped. Kindly help me through this verification so I can continue working on the platform

Hi Valeed,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hey Andrea, thanks for the reply but I haven't got a response from the ticket yet. Could you please escalate this issue to the support please as I have only 6 days left to verify my identity. 

Hi Valeed,

Rest assured, our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks goran! 

d02619c4
Community Member

hello does anyone know how I can contact upwork. I sent my ID for verification but it has been almost two days I still have not been verified.

Is there a way to cancel the verification and just restart it again? Or can I contact someone to ask for a follow up for this. thank you

Hi Nicah,

It looks like the ID badge is already showing on your profile!

~Andrea
Upwork
f3a58d17
Community Member

Hello 

I have submitted my drivers license and verified my identity but still unable to see the identity badge on my profile? any thoughts on this

Hi Michael,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
tornokent
Community Member

Hi,  My identity verification not showing.
I also dont recieved any notificaiton/email about this.

Thank you,
Kent

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members