🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424

Hi Kent,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

My friend has an agency in Upwork.
To be able to join them, I need to have an Identification badge.

May I know how I can get an Identification badge?

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,

You do not need an Identification Badge to join them. Identification Badge cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
c65721e7
Community Member

There is no option that I can submit my Id or Id related Info. When I click on https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/ this link.

It's showing this page doesn't exist and showing following error

Error 404 (N) Trace ID: 4ca9b4dd-61fe-492e-a0f2-dba77201c877

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jakaria,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
pelineraslan
Community Member

Upwork has no notified me for identify verification. I couldn't find /identyverification page or any other option bottom profile settings . Please help me

Hi Pelin,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

##- so, how can i win verification badge? -##

Hi Pelin,

Thank you for your message. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
suminnauwag
Community Member

Hey! I am 18 years old but I haven't got my government ID due to all the governmental activities that have been stopped in my country. Is there any way that, I can extend my identity verification date so, that I can verify my identity after getting the ID?

Hi Sumin,

The documents we accept include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please know the verification request date cannot be changed, if your account gets placed on hold because of this the hold will be lifted as soon as you complete verification.

~Andrea
Upwork
b0003429
Community Member

We are on a lockdown today due to the pandemic and I cannot fully process my government IDs however I have NBI clearance. Can I use it to verify myself? Do I only need the NBI clearance itself? Thankyou.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ezekeil,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
aniket13m
Community Member

Hi, I get a prompt that you will receive an email to submit your Kyc documents. I checked my email(all folders), haven't received any mail and couldn't find a link on upwork where I could upload my documents. Help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aniket,

Our team is looking into this and will reach out to you directly to assist you with this verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
aniket13m
Community Member

Thank you:)

aniket13m
Community Member

Hi, 

Any update ? I had posted a project and finalised the designer.  Can you give me an estimate of how much time this will take so that I can inform the designer.

Have a nice day 🙂 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aniket,

Could you please check your inbox? The team has sent you an email on how to proceed.

~Andrea
Upwork
9021fe69
Community Member

Hi! I created my account in the last quarter of 2021 and I wasn’t able to fill out all the necessary details then. If I’m not mistaken, from the time I created my account I have sent a photo of myself including my identification. This January I reactivated it to optimize my Upwork. I’d like to have my account verified badge. However, I can’t seem to find the option to verify my profile.

Thank you in advance! 🙂

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shiena,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
656698f0
Community Member

Hello,
I'm trying to start 'Digital photo verification' and click the URL I founded in Help center - https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/
But I got 404 error and cannot start verification. Could you please help with this issue?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is not an issue, Evgeny.

This is expected behavior since you're still not eligible for this ID Verification Badge. Once we notify you that you are eligible or required to earn the badge, you will be able to access the Identity Verification tab in your Settings and complete the two stages of this process. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
josmanmedina
Community Member

Hi,

I'm from Venezuela and I'm trying to use my passport as a validation ID, unfortunately my passport it's expired, at this moment I don't have the way to go back to Venezuela and try to renew it, I will but I will need to do some work first. Is there a way Upwork can accept my passport to validate my Identity?

Hi Josman,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sheradnankhan
Community Member

Hi all i think there is somekind of bug in upwork in verification page,  i have applied for up work verification badge, but after i have applied i am unable to see the verification request tab, and if i access the url directly is says url not found.
Please help me i unable to verify my request, on of my client has on requested to get verified before she will give me a project. thanks

Tell the client you can't request verification. 

Unforunately she doesnt agrees 😥

Hi Sher,

I would like to clarify that freelancers can't request a verification from their end. Once you're eligible to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks alot for clarification, because i am new to this platform, other platforms offer you direct verifcation request option. Thanks again for saving my time 🙂

Govan i have applied for verification but this option removed after i upload my document and i get responsive like you are verified but currently i am not able to access my Identity Verification in my Settings.

Hi Sher,

As I've mentioned above, freelancers do not have the option to request or apply for a verification process. 
Once you're required to complete a verification process, our team will reach out to you directly. Thank you for your patience.

~ Goran
Upwork

I dont understand how that work, but i will wait. 

0c127aff
Community Member

Hi guys,

I am new to freelancing. I registered as a member of the Upwork on the 23rd of January. Is there any possibility of getting my ID and visual verification right now? Because I am eagerly waiting to start my new carrier immediately. Hope for a positive reply from you.

Thank you very much for your time.

Hi Dilupa,

At the moment, you don't have any pending verifications. Once you're required to verify your profile, our team will reach out to you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you so much for your kind response. Could you please let me know that if I send a proposal for a job, will they consider my account as a valid one without the ID verification?

Hi Dilupa,

Your proposals are sent to the clients and clients will be able to read them and hire you. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Again Thank you so much for your quick response. You are a blessing for new freelancers like me.

mtishohag
Community Member

Hello! 

I need help. I'm new here! I can not verify my ID

https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/

Hi Tariqul,

This is by design because you don't have any pending verifications. Once you're required to verify your profile, our team will reach out to you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
39059cb7
Community Member

Hi there,

When I first signed up my account, I successfully verified my ID using the selfie/government ID photo method. Upwork confirmed that my ID was verified, and I successfully submitted my first proposal with a client.

This week, I tried submitting a new proposal and was prompted again to verify my ID before I could submit. I took a new photo of my ID and uploaded it, only to be told that my verification failed. My account is now on an administrative hold, even though my profile shows as verified. I'm no longer able to submit new proposals, although I'm apparently still able to work with my existing client.

Is there something else I can do to remove the hold and re-verify, if need be? Thanks. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members