🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » INQUIRY ON THE GREEN BOX ON UPWORK TIMESHEET
Page options
marketer_ayomide
Community Member

INQUIRY ON THE GREEN BOX ON UPWORK TIMESHEET

Hi everyone! Thanks for taking the time to read this and reply. 

I have just engaged in an hourly contract which is going well. However, when Upwork takes a screenshot of my system, it shows me the activity level using small green boxes, e.g. sometimes the green box can be less than 5 or more than. So I want to know how it works. Why is my activity level sometimes low and high? or better, what does the activity level entail, and how do I make it effective by having the full green box ticked I don't want to cheat my client and I want the best for them. If you know the answer to this, please let me know. I'd attach a screenshot to have a better understanding of my question.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
fccfebe2
Community Member

Hi Ayomide, the app logs freelancer activity level by counting the number of mouse clicks, scroll actions, and keystrokes they make as well as receiving information from their operating system about whether they are active or not (useful for less “countable” activities). It also records to their Work Diary the name of the application they are using and its active window at the time of the snapshot. The green bar under each screenshot of the Work Diary contains 10 boxes, one for each minute. If Upwork desktop app catches at least one of the above-mentioned activities it will color the box green for that minute.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fccfebe2
Community Member

Hi Ayomide, the app logs freelancer activity level by counting the number of mouse clicks, scroll actions, and keystrokes they make as well as receiving information from their operating system about whether they are active or not (useful for less “countable” activities). It also records to their Work Diary the name of the application they are using and its active window at the time of the snapshot. The green bar under each screenshot of the Work Diary contains 10 boxes, one for each minute. If Upwork desktop app catches at least one of the above-mentioned activities it will color the box green for that minute.

NikolaS

Hi Ayomide, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to let you know that the row of green blocks is the Activity Meter. It shows the number of minutes out of a 10-minute billing segment that had activity (mouse clicks, scroll actions, and keystrokes.)

• Activity is recorded by Upwork Desktop App and uploaded as auto-tracked time. Manual time does not include activity information.
  • Click on the meter for a detailed view, including minute-by-minute activity counts.

Antivirus software, firewalls, and system overloads can sometimes prevent the app from tracking your activity properly. If you believe this has happened, you may need to whitelist the app in your antivirus software and firewall. You can also check your available RAM and CPU — if they are reaching their limits, you can try to free up resources by closing other programs.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members